Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xbox In Car

admanirv

I have an xbox modded so it has media player etc on, i can watch dvd' videos etc, its a mdeia station which is ideal.

I have a 6" tft montior which has a slide out tray in my after market fascia panel.

I thinking of hiding an invertor under passenger seat or intray along side xbox.

I wnat to power everything via the cigertte lighter, so ill need an invertor and need the car acc on to power it.

Anyone got any opnions and done this?

Worrying about the xbox mega draining power

Stick it under the seat and get some wireless controllers. It's obviously gonna drain power, but as long as your engine is switched on, or you don't use it for a long period with the engine switched off, i'd say you'd be fine!

Stick it under the seat and get some wireless controllers. It's obviously gonna drain power, but as long as your engine is switched on, or you don't use it for a long period with the engine switched off, i'd say you'd be fine!

Yeah what i was thinking that too. SHould eb nice when its doen, ill route the wire under carpets then be able to plug in plug out

Route them under carpets, or under the plastic part that houses the handbrake/gearstick etc, will be more direct for you, but maybe a bit more complicated

XBox in Yaris.....

Kewl as!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Could you get wireless net access for online gaming put in the car too?

possiblitys are endless, you can get a mini atx case with a wireless card in. But you';d need keyboard etc, think earlp has a a touch screen

Personally i like the idea of having a wirelss joypad, coz the xbox has all my needs, dvd, games, videos, pricture viewer etc. Then i dont have to have another din unit.

sounds cool

ive got a ps2 in mine, with a 6" tft screen

havnt noticed any issues, only use when cars runing!

I got the PS2 aswell.. got the cigarette lighter adaptor for it, no problems running it on the roof mounted dvd player :)

be careful which inverter you use for the xbox. i have read that many of them will produce some kind of interference (lines accross the screen) when connected to an xbox. i'll see if i can find the site about it in my bookmarks... i was going to do the same but decided it was too much hassle..

may just be with the pioneer screens? not 100% but some good info and photos below!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links