Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mercedes Reliability

Twincam.GTi

I know this is a Toyota Site but just can't believe this:

I see that it's official (and was reading an article in the Sunday times) the Mercedes E Class has been declared the most unreliable car in America in the last 12 months :eek::eek::eek:

Truely a case of how the 'Mighty have fallen'.

Also in Britain last month more than 6000 CLK'S had to be recalled because of a 'Production line error'.

Merecedes have admitted they are having some 'quality problems at the moment'

I am not trying to 'have a go' at Merc. I actually like the older ones in fact I used to look after a friends 1970's W123 Series Sedan in the late 90's (it was over 20 years old then) and I was amazed at the build quality/driveabilty of it. Just can't believe it's the same company.

I think a Mercedes (dunno which one!) was one of the bottom few on a UK car satisfaction survey recently too....

What has happened to them - perhaps its because back in the day, they were the sort of car only an elite few could own and now Mercedes have upped production, thats where all the problems are?

Who knows! :wacko:

yep - if you want a Merc, go pre-1999, since then qualitiy has been dropping hand over fist...

At first, it was just the A and C classes which they moved prodcution to India, but now in an attempt to keep prices competitive, the larger E and S classes are sufferring...

This is why my parents still have thier old mercs... 1992 SL and 1996 S clas, had both since new...

Having said that my dads S clas had an off colour wing and broke down twice on the way home from the factory!!!!

its the 5th one hes had and we saw the quality slide over the years!!!

The same goes for BMW... the new ones are better then merc, but still not all that.... my old '82 6 series is built likea tank..... 260,000 miles and still starts every time!!!

hmmmmmm, strange, site no longer available.

amazing what millions can do in a lawsuite

Lawsuite - is that like a lawsuit, only more of a couch than a jacket and pants? :P :lol:

Yeah, tis a shame Merc has lost it's bulletproof-ness... and it makes you think, I mean, in 5/10 years, perhaps Toyota will start to lose its reliability in a pursuit of $$$?

Lawsuite - is that like a lawsuit, only more of a couch than a jacket and pants? :P :lol:

Yeah, tis a shame Merc has lost it's bulletproof-ness... and it makes you think, I mean, in 5/10 years, perhaps Toyota will start to lose its reliability in a pursuit of $$$?

PMSL :P

My in-laws have a newish E class Merc and its always got something wrong with it and is forever in and out of the garage so they got a 93 Hilux Surf 3.0 td as a second car about 2 years ago and that has never gone wrong on and its not treated that well either and the Merc is treated as its made of glass just goes to show

The car in the garage is not a Toyota

My mums SL keeps breaking down too...

she nicked my supra last time and frightened herself by pressing the accelorator as if she was in her 2 tonne merc................

:help::lol: :D

My mums SL keeps breaking down too...

she nicked my supra last time and frightened herself by pressing the accelorator as if she was in her 2 tonne merc................

:help:  :lol:  :D

Im not surprised she got scared going from a heavy Merc to a twin turbo Supra

I get worried sometimes when i go from my Hilux Surf to my modded Tubby and ive only got one turbo :lol:

Well Mercedes is now in partnership with Chrysler, the trading name is DCX I think. I hope Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi and Daihatsu, don't go that way and drop the quality of their cars. But I can't see the Japanese putting up with poor quality products.

One company that is on the way up is Skoda. Built with VW parts and well built.

Well Mercedes is now in partnership with Chrysler, the trading name is DCX I think.  I hope Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi and Daihatsu, don't go that way and drop the quality of their cars.  But I can't see the Japanese putting up with poor quality products. 

One company that is on the way up is Skoda.  Built with VW parts and well built.

They are getting better looking now.... :!Removed!:

I'm not surprised at all about that actually - and they are so common now too, there are so many of them around here :wacko: I'm glad I dont own one!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links