Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Cd Player Will Fit In My 1999 Yaris

Holly1080

:help: This is my first post here and i was wondering if anyone could help me....

I have recently installed my old Goodmans CD player(from old car) into my 1999 colour-coded Yaris following the *very helpful* user guides on this forum. it is a very basic CD player (about £45 in Argos). It was a really tight fit into the slot where the cash box used to be but with some due force it eventually all fitted in and it worked!!!

Then i tried to eject a CD.... it wouldn't come out (im assuming this is because of the tight fit because the CD player was working fine before) So i had to remove the CD with some tweezers (it took ages) then i tried another CD...and its stuck again!

So now i assume i have got to get a new CD player ( i think i have now probably damaged mine by poking it with tweezers) but all the ones i have looked at are higher and wider than my current one so theres no chance of them fitting (even similar cheap goodmans ones)

(my one is about 17.6cm wide and 4.5cm high and i havent seen any that are smaller than this) I noticed that the front part of my CD player was slightly higher and wider than the actual unit and i had already had to remove a bit of plastic fascia that went round it to fit it in. So maybe its the bigger front part that is making it jam...I dont know. But i do know it wont push out any further.

So could any of you tell me which CD player they managed to fit into their Yaris? I really dont want to have to fork out for a new one so i want a really basic one (as long as it plays CDs!) I want one ASAP because this was a really annoying job and took up the best part of two days in my Easter holiday :( and its really bothering me now because i love my new car and i want to listen to some tunes in it!!!

I would be very grateful if someone could offer me some assistance here because i'm stuck on what to do...

thankyou

Hi, I installed a Sony CDX-MP40, fits no problems, plays MP3 CD's aswell and costs about £100! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club btw! :D

P.S. Did u install the metal cage aswell, you are not meant to if you did! :)

I had the same trouble with mine as well Holly1080. Ive got a Pioneer HU but had to deface my coin slot slightly by scraping around the edges to make the hole bigger!! Eventually managed to fit it through though but have nastey marks around the edge of the coin slot! Not recommended but was the only way i could do it

thake the cash box out, remove the surround from the cd player and fit it from behind the cashbox hole, you shouldnt need to push it through, also the screw holes from the cash box line up with the holes on the side of the cd player. i think the screws from the cash box will hold the cd player in instead of the cash box. but check the screws are no longer than 8mm.

if you were close i'd happily come and fit it for you :)

Welcome to our club Holly1080 :group-cuddles:

where abouts in the west midlands are you from?

if you were close i'd happily come and fit it for you :)

AAaarrr so your just a big softie really then Chris :lol: :P :wub::wub:

im as soft as **** love, i dont mind helping people at all. 6 years of doing bingo at an old peoples home really toughens you up :P no it really does, here one week gone the next, sadly. god rest their souls.

im not far if you want it doing ill happily do it ive had an alpine unit and 2 sonys in my yaris with no probs, and i could fit one in half an hour by now, just reseting the clock is a pain :P

oh AND WELCOME :D

HALF HOUR? dude, 5 min job!!!!

5 minutes to fit the radio and 25 minutes to chat up Hollie :D ;)

lol - typical! :rolleyes:

Ignore them Holly - welcome to the club! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

strange how well people on here get to know me when they havent met me :P

Them Em. Whos them then Em? Thems the cats mum Em ;) :D :P

Them Em. Whos them then Em? Thems the cats mum Em ;)  :D  :P

lol - you could be David Bowie saying stuff like that! :D

You remind me of the babe.

What babe?

The babe with the power.

What power?

The power of voodoo.

Who do?

You do.

Do what?

Remind me of the babe.

Love that movie! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

and.....................

EDIT: JUST NOTICED THE POOR GAL SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN SCARED OFF BY ME AN CHRIS DAMN THERE GO ANOTHER, :ph34r:

:D Thankyou all for your help. :group-cuddles:

I think when i get chance (weekend probably) i will have another bash at this because i cant see why its not working. I didn't install the CD player cage it would never have fitted (and i think it got scrapped with my old car!)

My coin slot already looks defaced because i had to bend the corners of my CDplayer with a screwdriver because that coin slot has curved corners. But ill try not to mess it up any more.... i've only had my yaris just over 2 weeks!

***i should mention my car came with tape player as standard not a CD player so its a different sized gap*** i dont get that my teeny cd player dont fit but some of you have bigger ones that did!! oh well.... will update at weekend unless im crying from f*****g it all up.

So i'll have a go and will probably be posting here soon with more trouble! (its just my luck it really is)

by the way Labyrinth is a GREAT film. I sang that song (remind me of the babe) at work (tut tut i shud be working not looking at sexy Yarii) and now everyone thinks im mad.but its a choon.

:D

YAY!!! I fixed it!! all it was was the screws were screwed in too tight! YAY! now i havent got to save up for a new one and i have CHOONS in my car. (and now i want to buy the labyrinth soundtrack to listen to in my car)... i think he would like that...

thankyou all for your help and advice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links