Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mrt Being Sneaky?

Blue84

Hey Guys,

Was doing some random surfing earlier on today, when I thought I would go check Toyota Used Cars to see if my old T3 was on there for sale..she hadn't been for the past 3 weeks so I was thinking maybe they wasn't going to list her online.

So today I found the advert for my old car, and the mileage says 7,100..and immediately I thought "hang on that isn't right", checked my garage and when she left me she had done 7,325 miles at least..so either MrT have reduced the mileage, or it's an error..

It's quite odd tho really..makes me wonder what they've done! If she's still at the dealership when I take the Blue to get her air-con installed I would love to have a look at the T3's dash for real ;)

Any thoughts?

IF it's been clocked... i would be asking questions.. what was the milage on your new car? i know its a 2005 model.. but was it brand new or was it an ex-demonstrator?.. if it was a demonstrator.. have they clocked that too.

TBH i think your new car will be ok.. and i see no reason to clock 300 miles or so off any car really do you? Probably either an error.. or an "error" just to get people interested in the car.

Don't worry about it. ( i say this incase i got you worried about your new one.. IT be ok :) )

Does sound a bit strange but could easily be a typo - Davys right - why would they knock 300 miles off - its not going to make it sell any quicker because its got 300 less miles on the clock.

Although I'd point it out to them anyway - just say you noticed a discrepancy. They should change it!

Thanks guys :) it's just odd that's all..wondered if it was becoming standard practice for dealers to clock mileages or something!

The Blue had 17 miles on her when I took her for a test drive, and 19 when I left her..had 19 on her when I brought her home..she was definately new when I got her as the gearbox was stiff etc..if it had been a demonstrator then I'm sure it would've driven a lot differently to what it did when I got her.. :D

Hmm it won't be standard practice...unless they are all into breaking the law.

I'd follow it up!

Get some to have an interest in it....and check out the mileage!

If it's wrong...I'd shop em!

Vipes

When I part exchanged my previous Yaris with a Toyota main dealer I noticed that on the Used Car listing a couple of weeks later my car was advertised and, as far as I remember, they had rounded up the mileage on the advert by about 700 miles to round it up to the next 1000 miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links