Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Eu Regulations

Uncle Bob

Tough new EU regulation are going to sweep across the MOT test , i big clamp down on after market parts for cars, none factory/dealer fitted body kits, lamp units and a ban on tinted windows.

1) all front and rear lamp units must be factory fitted.

2) All tinted glass to be band over 30%.

3) Body kits need to be type approved, so only main dealers parts can be used.

This has been done in conjunction with the insurance industry, to help make insurance claims quicker :angry:

This has been debated for ages, so they are finally bringing it in.

However I do believe there will be 'cutoff' dates.

e.g someone with a 1983 bodykitted Capri which was done in say 1990 will be exempt.

Also some bodykit manufacturers such as Kamei are/were manufactuer approved; remember VW dealers selling and fitting kamei bodykits to MK1 and MK2 Golfs and it didn't in anyway void warranty.

As for 'custom' lamps some aftermarket items are 'E' marked so again will be okay as E mark means meets European approval.

All in all, scary at first but thankfully there is compromise.

Bob King  Today, 08:07 AM Post #1 

Tough new EU regulation are going to sweep across the MOT test , i big clamp down on after market parts for cars, none factory/dealer fitted body kits, lamp units and a ban on tinted windows.

1) all front and rear lamp units must be factory fitted.

2) All tinted glass to be band over 30%.

3) Body kits need to be type approved, so only main dealers parts can be used.

This has been done in conjunction with the insurance industry, to help make insurance claims quicker 

...and don't forget it's April 1st :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

After 12 noon...hope you all have a great April the 1st :thumbsup:

Bob King Posted Today, 11:33 AM

After 12 noon...hope you all have a great April the 1st 

Seriously though you don't realise how near to the truth you really are :crybaby:

Seriously though you don't realise how near to the truth you really are :crybaby:

Well it had to have a twist of truth, serveral UE countries don't allow modded cars....its only a matter of time..it will happen soon after we start driving on the right :angry: .

Well it had to have a twist of truth, serveral UE countries don't allow modded cars....its only a matter of time..it will happen soon after we start driving on the right :angry: .

Hope they dont make it retrospective then. :( I`ve binned most of my standard bits. :lol:

daktari  Today, 12:32 PM Post #8 

Hope they dont make it retrospective then.  I`ve binned most of my standard bits. 

No worries there, will be cut off dates as I said during the Joke part of this forum anything 'modified' before a certain date will be fine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links