Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Painting Calipers

RossP

I have been inspired by seever_unaek's efforts on his Carlo blue Yaris, and have gone out and got myself some of the stuff that he has used as well. All i want to know is, do you reckon I should do the drums at the back? or just the calipers at the front? I think the drums will look tacky painted in red...

They will look very tack painted in red! Hence why mine aren't painted! Plus, it's not good to show that you have drums!! :lol:

Nice to know that iv inspired someone!! Just a quick pointer using that paint... it's like treacle... very thick, so i found it best to apply a thin layer first, then a slightly thicker coat. I put on slightly too much on 2nd coat and it started to run, thnakfully, you can't tell without close inspection, but be carefull not to let it run as it may look a bit crap!

Good luck with it fella and don't forget to put piccy's up!!

They will look very tack painted in red! Hence why mine aren't painted! Plus, it's not good to show that you have drums!!  :lol:

Nice to know that iv inspired someone!! Just a quick pointer using that paint... it's like treacle... very thick, so i found it best to apply a thin layer first, then a slightly thicker coat. I put on slightly too much on 2nd coat and it started to run, thnakfully, you can't tell without close inspection, but be carefull not to let it run as it may look a bit crap!

I ahve a t sport, paitned drums and brake calipers at bak look sweet and most importantly keeps rust away!

nooooo not red, too many red calipers! :P

But dont paint the drums, thats chavvy at its best, i painted my drums black just to make them look clean...

Cheers

Yesssss red!

Red calipers are popular but it suits the Carlo Blue to a tee!  :thumbsup:

nah.....

blue on blue or silver on blue or black on blue

I pity the fool who paints his calipers red! :lol:

Yesssss red!

Red calipers are popular but it suits the Carlo Blue to a tee!  :thumbsup:

Damn right! Iv got my crew to back me up!

nah.....

blue on blue or silver on blue or black on blue

I pity the fool who paints his calipers red!  :lol:

Then pity me little man! Black on blue would be pooh because it wouldn't look any different, silver on blue looks too much like a porsche and blue on blue offers no contrast, so again, wouldn't be worthwhile! Red on Carlo is tha bomb!!

Then pity me little man! Black on blue would be pooh because it wouldn't look any different, silver on blue looks too much like a porsche and blue on blue offers no contrast, so again, wouldn't be worthwhile! Red on Carlo is tha bomb!!

I will, i know you're right saying blue on blue etc...

yes you're right

But i hate red!... sorry :P

I pity the fool who comes head to head with the Carlo Crew! :lol::lol::lol:

Not only that, the Carlo Crew with a SoTOC member - you are cruisin' for a bruisin' Matt! :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

I dont think anything else would look good on dark blue - maybe Gold at a stretch but red is the best option me thinks! :thumbsup:

But i hate red!... sorry :P

Oi................I resemble that remark ;) :D

They will look very tack painted in red! Hence why mine aren't painted! Plus, it's not good to show that you have drums!!  :lol:

I ahve a t sport, paitned drums and brake calipers at bak look sweet and most importantly keeps rust away!

The T-pots got disc front and rear so u'l of struggled to paint your t-sports drum brakes surely!?.........

The T-pots got disc front and rear so u'l of struggled to paint your t-sports drum brakes surely!?.........

Handbrake drums.

Yves.

Handbrake drums.

Yves.

ooooooooh i see!

Now theres a thought....think i'll have red calipers :yes:

Now theres a thought....think i'll have red calipers  :yes:

Thats a lot of added weight Kimi ;)

Now theres a thought....think i'll have red calipers  :yes:

Thats a lot of added weight Kimi ;)

:blink::unsure::rolleyes: :D ...not that heavy :lol:

Did my drums silver and calipers black ( I have a thunder grey t-sport) and since I have a titanium overspray on my alloys it all ties in ...

A colour co-ordinated brake caliper is nice. If only it did not highlight the weenyness of the brake disc and drum as well...:-(

I keep meaning to paint mine black - just to tidy them up and protect them from corrosion. Don't want to make people notice my tiny, wee "power drums" at the back!

A

Well I went for something completely different... Purple!

I've only done the front calipers so far but if it's nice tomorrow I'd do the rear ones and get some pics up :)

Still haven't got round to it as it's been pi****g down again today. Maybe tomorrow if the weathers good, or when I get springs fitted in coming days

Hi,

have painted mine grey to contrast with my black wheels. The colour u choose shud be matching/contrasting with the colour of yr car and the wheels. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Ismael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links