Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phase 2 Oil Sump Problems

seveer unaek

Ok people.... just been talking to my grandad and his phase2 53 reg 1.0 T-Spirit has had a couple of oil leaks recently, so he took it to toyota who have had a 'few' in with the same problem. This means it's a known fault!

Apparantly it's the seal around the sump that needs replacing, but there is also the chnace of tiny pin-ubik holes in it as my grandad took it to a mechanic he's known for 20 years who checked it over and flushed it through and it leaked again.

Just a warning people.... if anybody has any sort of oil leak, take it in immediatly as Toyota obviously are aware!

Yeah - will get Rich or my Dad to keep an eye out for it!

:D :D :D

I suppose I'd notice it with any oil on the drive under the car though wouldnt I? Its not a "under-the-bonnet" thing is it?

No, it'll definatley be on your drive, after a week (on holiday) my grandad had a pool about the size of a mans hand!

I'll try, but mine never sits still for long enough to let the oil collect!

Mine uses a wee bit of oil, but that's to be expected it being a diesel and all...

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links