Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Baby Back!

dicey2k

Hi Peeps!

For those of u who don't know, i had a random intermittent electrical fault on my Yaris, and Mr T have had my car under warranty since Tuesday 29th. I've just picked it up today and its taken them since tues to find the fault as it was so random and hard to replicate! Feels like an age since i drove her, i've ben using a Mercedes luton van from work and its just not the same!!! :lol:

So anyway, it turns out that theres a little red box on the side of the Battery by the positive terminal on the Yaris which apparently houses some fused connections, and the terminals were loose (At least they think that was the cause!!) Anyhow i drove home with the aircon on today and it seems to be fixed! Mr T also put a new Battery in my key because it was annoying them so much, and stopped my clutch pedal from squeaking!! :thumbsup:

I just hope its fixed now, but i did hear something interesting about the Phase 1 Yarii while i was in the garage. Probably been mentioned many times before but apparently if water gets into the aerial through a loose seal one of 2 things will happen... Either the water will drip off the cable into the footwell of the car, or the cable will act like a pipe and will allow water to get into the radio... So there's one to watch out for folks :ph34r:

Rob

yeah the ariel thing has been mentioned on here before. heard a couple of people have had that prob

Good to see it back and back in action! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is that problem a P1 problem only or can it affect P2 aswell? I know the aerials are in a different place but I'd like to know!

Glad to hear you've got her back hon :) I know how much you missed her ;)

*hugs :)

oh really? so ur sayin if my arial leaks, it could go down to my pioneer sat nav and dvd, and ruin it?? u think toyota will pay out for that? £1400 quids worth? i think not!

Good to see it back and back in action!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Is that problem a P1 problem only or can it affect P2 aswell? I know the aerials are in a different place but I'd like to know!

I believe the P2 has it's aerial on the back after the facelift Em, the guy at toyota said it only affects Yarii where the aerial is mounted at the front of the car!

Apparently its pretty rare but it does happen, i wouldn't worry Danny! Mr T said if it does do it, 9 times out of 10 it drips off the cable into the footwell, the only time it gets into the radio is if it actually gets inside the cable at the top where it connects to the antenna...

I think mines well and truly fixed now, usually it would have gone weird on me at least once on the way to work, want to give it a week to be sure though!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links