Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shiny Shiny Shiny....

alanbradley

Did my Black Yaris too yesterday. spent ages cleaning it and somehow still missed a couple of small spots. Was like a mirror after I used the Meguirs stuff on it :)

Typically, it was foggy tis morning at 5am for work and had to use de-icer.........car still looks good although few bits of dirt back on it now :(

Did find out after polishing it that the rear wiper should be dried off first before putting it back against the window as a load of water ran out from it as soon as I moved it :(

My major problems are:

Getting to the hard to reach areas towards the underneath of the car.

If the light's wrong, you can't always see where you haven't polished etc.

What's a "small amount of polish"? sure I used far more than you should.

Water streaks - annoying this, although the polish removed those - even using a chamois, water marks were still there.

Sponge etc seem to hold dirt and I can't seem t oever get them clean again.

Did my Black Yaris too yesterday.  spent ages cleaning it and somehow still missed a couple of small spots.  Was like a mirror after I used the Meguirs stuff on it :)

What Meguiars stuff do you have? What one is it?

stone chips from all those lovely motorways,we dont have any over here just tight twisty a roads :D

I guess thats the Meguires Polish (only one kind about £7.99) amazing stuff. Cleaned up the IS200 lovly job (in black)

Looking good, Alan. I wish I'd taken pics of mine last week before I washed her. Mud, grass,sand and sh**... everywhere! The joys of living in the countryside for two weeks! :lol:

Anyone who wants to avoid those stone chips without putting on a big black vinyl 'bra' on the front end should check out 3M's ClearBra product.

Here's a link that is good for the UK folks.

http://www.xpeleu.com/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links