Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shiny Shiny Shiny....

alanbradley

As someone who normally sits here feeling ashamed of the filth covering my car when yours are all shiney clean I thought I'd show off what I did this afternoon.

For the first time ever I not only waxed a car but put an extra gloss coat on top (Autoglym something-or-other - I forget the name :rolleyes: ) and tyre gloss stuff.

Anyway, here are the pics...

gallery_3803_27_1112465783.jpg

Dynamic front 3-quarter low down piccy

gallery_3803_27_1112466290.jpg

Dynamic back view

Now, if only my flat (and the inside of the car) was that clean :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Alan

Check out that gleaming shine there Al!!

Theres something about dark shiny cars - they just look so darn good all washed and waxed! :thumbsup:

That cars so shiny I could do my makeup on it! :lol::lol:

And if it helps - where your flat is concerned - my house is also a mess - but as long as that cars are shiny - well thats what the majority of people see isn't it! lol :lol::lol:

Looking good alan.

you cant beat a shiny black car :D

Cheers both!

What you can't see are all of the tiny stone chips on the front - amazing and dissappointing for a car that's not even done 7,000 miles yet <_<

Oh yeah, and those wee flaps just in front of the rear wheels have now completely disintegrated... :rolleyes: - will have to get them replaced at the first service.

A

yeah... clean black cars are nice... it's only so damn hard to keep them that way!!! If somebody as much as breaths on it - you can see it right away... :)

Nice Alan, nice! :D

I was going to wash mine today but I put my steelies back on instead, I had seriously illegal tyres! :wacko:

Looks cool with the steelies on though! :thumbsup:

Nice job Al.. :thumbsup:

But.. is that a little bit of Fly S***on the bonnet i see? :lol:

The smallest of stone chips do seem to show up on black cars though.. it annoying innit. I get some on the very back and front of the sideskirts..(only about 2 inches of it) more so on the passenger side (its like its getting sandbasted) with all the debris from the gutter of the road. Thinking of getting a little bit of black glossy vynal from a sign writer to stick on them, should stop it peppering.

My rear arches are a bit like that, but the 3 doors get a big clear vinyl panel on the leading edge that you 5 doorers (?) don't get. It protects a bit but it still gets blasted at the bottom and the vinyl shows marks too - even with the proper Mr T mudflaps :rolleyes:

Ah, Ryan - was wondering why the steelies were back on - did you put the trims on or leave them off? Post a piccy and let us have a look :lol:

Cheers again,

A

My rear arches are a bit like that, but the 3 doors get a big clear vinyl panel on the leading edge that you 5 doorers (?) don't get. It protects a bit but it still gets blasted at the bottom and the vinyl shows marks too - even with the proper Mr T mudflaps :rolleyes:

Ah, Ryan - was wondering why the steelies were back on - did you put the trims on or leave them off? Post a piccy and let us have a look :lol:

Cheers again,

A

We 5 doorers got the viynl strip at the leading edge of the rear arch. just after the back door. :)

I knew "vynal" from my earlier pist didn't look right :wacko:

Well done, car looks good. Mr T washed mine for me yesterday :P

I was planning on washing it today.........honest :D

Wow that's one very shiny car Alan!! :D :D Great job..

I'm gonna clean mine tomorrow aswell :)

ohh polish

Crash scheduled tommorow! :!Removed!:

Sorry..... Looks brillant though!

DON'T SAY THAT :o

Not going any further than Starbucks & Tesco for exactly that reason though... I'm wondering what will happen this time :fear:

A

Well done for your efferts. It really paid off, your Yaris looks amazing.

I'm thinkning of de-badging (ready for my new badges), cleaning, waxing & glossing.

but the weather looks a bit crummy. :cacker:

Will you keep the car this clean though?

hmmmm black t-sport next me thinks  :P

Theres definately something about black T-Sports.....

Dont think I'd ever stray from blue though - and they dont currently do a blue one! :(

hmmmm black t-sport next me thinks  :P

Theres definately something about black T-Sports.....

Dont think I'd ever stray from blue though - and they dont currently do a blue one! :(

They do - i've been looking at getting 1. :)

blue t-sport

I mean brand new one - I know they used to do one - Balearic Blue - the colour of my last Yaris!

T-Sports currently only come in black, red and Thunder Grey - and I'm a blue gal!

If I bought one, I'd want to buy brand new - so I'm waiting for the P3 T-Sport, which hopefully will come in blue! :thumbsup:

Looking good Alan, dont worry about the stone chips - my old bumper and bonnet looked awful up close ...

Rear skirts would be the same but for that paltic protector thingy

Thanks!

No, it won't stay this clean! I do at least a 50 mile round trip each day and it just gets covered in road crud. There's a 2 mile dirt track up to my parents' house covered in muddy potholes that puts paid to any houghts of clean cars. Oh yeah, I only get round to washing it properly about once every 2 months - about every 3 to 4 thousand miles at the mo :lol:

A

Thanks!

No, it won't stay this clean! I do at least a 50 mile round trip each day and it just gets covered in road crud. There's a 2 mile dirt track up to my parents' house covered in muddy potholes that puts paid to any houghts of clean cars. Oh yeah, I only get round to washing it properly about once every 2 months - about every 3 to 4 thousand miles at the mo :lol:

A

Well as far as we know the car is always sparkling - who are we to know any different! (Unless you post a pit of it all grubby that is! lol)

Dont much like the sound of theat 2 mile dirt track - imagine that in torrential rain! No thanks! Still thats what you get when you live in the countryside I suppose!

Does anyone else get problems with stone chips, or is it just limited to the black yarii?

Looking really good by the way. B)

Nope - me too

A lot better since I had the font splitter added ... presumably its sticking out enought to catch some of the stones and debris?

Well as far as we know the car is always sparkling - who are we to know any different! (Unless you post a pit of it all grubby that is! lol)

Dont much like the sound of theat 2 mile dirt track - imagine that in torrential rain! No thanks! Still thats what you get when you live in the countryside I suppose!

Okay then, I'll post some pics of it filthy when its back to normal!

I don't drive the track every day (although my parents do). The "bottom road" is filty, but some of it get washed off when you ford the burn (stream) when you're almost at the house. Unless I'm really careful I scuff the front bumper of mine coming down the slope into the burn - why do you think I haven't lowered my car :lol:

Not fun in lots of rain and snow, although the RAV copes admirably. The BM sat in the garage for almost 2 months over the winter as if it went down the road it just wouldn't get back up.

I wish I were making that up... :rolleyes:

A

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links