Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tracking?

MillzE

I don't mind at all... good job advice is free lol

Davy U da man :thumbsup: I bet you have saved countless people on here hundreds of pounds with your "free" but highly detailed friendly and informative replies.

I know I've learned loads as well! :thumbsup:

For those that may not understand the importance of camber... think of a supermarket trolley, the wheels are mounted at an angle, so that when its pushed forward, the wheels sort of go to the back (difficult to explain), if you push it backwards the wheel sort of goes towards the front of the trolley.. but at all times keeping the wheels pointing in a straight line.. it's the  angle of the camber that makes this happen... so, if the camber is out on your car.. then the wheels will be "fighting" the steering to point in a straight line, resulting in verry uneven tyre wear.

Wouldn't that be caster? :)

Yves.

Lol.. yes that would be caster.. my mistake.. head was buzzing, had a long day.. but i'm sure people will get the idea just the same.( the idea that when changing suspension, a geometric check is a good thing :))

caster is the setback (i think thats the right description). Camber is the "other" angle lol.. i wish i could draw on here lol be easier :P

No worries Davy, I just thought it might confuse those who aren't in the know.

Yeah, if only we could draw on here, then again, with my drawing skills I'd prolly confuse people even more. :lol:

Yves.

I don't mind at all... good job advice is free  lol

cheers man learnt a lot, how much should a gemetric test cost me?

Varies from place to place.. but try to stay away from a dealer.. they can charge around 90 quid.. cheapest i know of up here is 45 - 50 quid.

right just had mine tracked. passenger side was out 12mm and the drivers side was out -1mm. then they noticed the passenger side laser wasnt on straight. so they corrected it and then it was out by 4mm

Varies from place to place.. but try to stay away from a dealer.. they can charge around 90 quid.. cheapest i know of up here is 45 - 50 quid.

Cheers mate, so they do a geometric check, if it out and incorrect due to lowering they find this out, tell me and then have to track it again?!?

Cheers mate, so they do a geometric check, if it out and incorrect due to lowering they find this out, tell me and then have to track it again?!?

They will do a geometric check.. if it's out, they will ask if you want it corrected, and sort it.. hopefully you will get a printout telling you what the Toe (thats normal tracking) settings are.. then , in future when you get normal tracking done, get whoever does it to set it to the settings on the printout instead of the standard settings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links