Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Or Shouldn't I?

RossP

I have been to enquire about a 4e-fte engine conversion for my Vitz. I know that you will obviously need the engine and a gearbox, but does anybody know what else needs to be changed etc? My mechanic reckons it'll be about 800 CY Pounds to complete the job, which i would be able to afford next month. This is a cheaper way of turboing my car, as the HKS bolt on one would be 2500 pounds. And the 4e-fte offers alot more tuning potential. Any advice welcome!

ECU and loom that go with the engine, CV-shafts, cross-member, made up engine mounts.

Then there's the problem that so many other things run off the ECU in the Yaris (if you'd still keep those of course)

Yves.

Sounds like it could be more hastle than it's worth to be honest...Looks like it may just have to be the HKS turbo for my trip in the winter then.

I think you may be going down a bottomless money pit doing that.

Your car is a 1 litre right? You want to change the engine/gearbox so you can add a turbo?

I’m not a mechanic but I can’t see it as straightforward as that. Other things to consider I would have thought would be brakes: discs front on back and bigger than the standard Yaris, suspension: the set up is different on the top range than the lower engine sized ones, exhaust which is a wider bore plus maybe other things which I don’t know about.

Would it be more economical to buy a T Sport which has got the mechanical/performance upgrades to handle a bigger engine and then add a turbo like Kimi done?

If you have £800 for the engine conversion and are considering spending £2500 on the turbo that’s £3300 plus your car for a T Sport/RS!

With the T Sport/RS you have the foundations already there, IF you wanted to add a turbo.

It would be like putting a ships engine on a canoe!

If you have £800 for the engine conversion and are considering spending £2500 on the turbo that’s £3300 plus your car for a T Sport/RS!

a lot of work lad in changing the engine, not my cup of tea, but each to there own, mmmmmmmm a turbo 1.0L, i wonder what that would be like???? B)

reece, Yeh as much as I would like to get an RS, which I will do in a couple of years, when my NCB are gathered up a bit and insurance wil be better.

Yes, it is a 1.0l, and I know people keep on saying what is the point of putting a turbo in it, but what is the point of other people putting turbo's and such on their yaris's? None of the Yari's engines to my knowledge were actually designed for the turbos/superchargers so your argument thereisn't really justified. Yes, I could buy an RS, but then would still have to fork out another 2500-3000 pounds on a supercharger or turbo again. And the 2500 i would be spending on the turbo for this would be the equivalent of buying an RS.

Brakes will need to be changed, and possibly suspension uprated, both of which should be completed this winter, but RS disc brakes are suitable for this as the turbo will only be pushing 110HP-120HP maximum.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but your argument of why don't you buy a bigger engined car can apply to anybody putting turbos etc in NA cars

Yeh that's really useful actually as there's no Cypriot banks on it :thumbsup: And I won't be needing a loan for thecash either in anycase. Will keep it in mind for future reference though

Sorry i've just had another read of your post. It's 800 pounds for a 4e-fte engine which comes as 1.3l Turbo as standard (a Glanza V engine). It's 2500 pounds for a HKS Bolt on turbo for the 1.0l yaris engine. HTH

None of the Yari's engines to my knowledge were actually designed for the turbos/superchargers so your argument thereisn't really justified.

Behold! The Yaris Turbo...

:thumbsup:

Yes, I do know of the Yaris turbo, i was talking about the 1.0l, 1.3l and standard 1.5l actually. And there's no chance i'm going for a 1.5l turbo at the time being in anycase. And in anycase, i was looking at advice on the engine conversion to start with, to see if it would be worth it, not opinions. Only person i got solid advice from was yves. Consider this topic closed.

Woooooooooah!

Handbags away ladies! :P :thumbsup:

More hassle than its worth if you ask me Paphos! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links