Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - Vehicle Details

phillips

I recently bought a used TSpirit and have received two different and incorrect V5s. I am sure these are DVLA mistakes and there is nothing dodgy about the car, but if the DVLA can mis-type Toyota Yaris for Volvo 440 I am not convinced that any of the other details are correct and now want to check everything.

I have managed to match the type approval number, chassis number and version number from the V5 to that on the engine plate, but does anyone know where to find the engine number and variant and what the other details such as vehicle category, mass in service and exhaust emissions should be?

Any help would be appreciated.

yves will be along shortly

he'll know :D

welcome to the club

I don’t think it’s that strange, at least I’m hoping not! The DVLA have admitted a “technical error” caused the details to be incorrect and re-issued without any trouble. The details I have managed to check on the most recent revision are OK so far. I’ve just lost faith in it.

Sorry - like a divvy I only skimmed through your message - now I get what you mean!

I meant strange as in the DVLA never normally mess up like that.... still, I agree with Kimi - Yves is your guy! :thumbsup:

Is this the 1.0 liter or the 1.3 liter engine you have?

The 1.0 engine variant is called the 1SZ-FE, the 1.3 is the 2SZ-FE.

You can find the engine number on both engines along the gearbox' bellhousing on the exhaust side.

I have no idea how the car is classed in the UK. (passenger car?). Sorry.

The mass is anything between 880-990 kg, depending on the number of doors and the options on the car, the maximum mass is between 1350-1365 kg, again depending.

CO2-emissions are 134g/km for the 1.0 and 133g/km for the 1.3 (latest versions).

Yves.

I'm pretty sure, altho I could be wrong that the Yaris is classed under the "petrol car" category.

Is this the 1.0 liter or the 1.3 liter engine you have?

The 1.0 engine variant is called the 1SZ-FE, the 1.3 is the 2SZ-FE.

You can find the engine number on both engines along the gearbox' bellhousing on the exhaust side.

I have no idea how the car is classed in the UK. (passenger car?). Sorry.

The mass is anything between 880-990 kg, depending on the number of doors and the options on the car, the maximum mass is between 1350-1365 kg, again depending.

CO2-emissions are 134g/km for the 1.0 and 133g/km for the 1.3 (latest versions).

Yves.

Thanks Yves - they were right about you!

It's a 3 door 1.3, 18 months old (new style).

I'll have a look for the engine number again in the morning.

The variant on my V5 is SCP12(G) - does that ring any bells?

The C02 is shown as 138 g/km and the mass 1055kg on the V5 which seems close enough.

Thanks for the help. I'm more confident now that these details do relate to a Yaris. Just got to find that engine number when it's light.

I'm pretty sure, altho I could be wrong that the Yaris is classed under the "petrol car" category.

Thanks - it does appear as "petrol car" in the "taxation class", but as "M1" in "vehicle category", whatever "M1" may mean???

Thanks Yves - they were right about you!

It's a 3 door 1.3, 18 months old (new style).

I'll have a look for the engine number again in the morning.

The variant on my V5 is SCP12(G) - does that ring any bells?

The C02 is shown as 138 g/km and the mass 1055kg on the V5 which seems close enough.

Thanks for the help. I'm more confident now that these details do relate to a Yaris. Just got to find that engine number when it's light.

For the SCP12 bit, that is the model code which is on the VIN Numberplate (I had to get it off the Blue for Yves too :P) - and the Blue is a 1.3 3 door aswell.

Thanks - it does appear as "petrol car" in the "taxation class", but as "M1" in "vehicle category", whatever "M1" may mean???

I'm not sure what it means - but I can remember from mine that it says M1.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links