Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering My Import Gt

Neilos626

I've recently bought an 94 2.0gt import version. I want to lower it 40mm and need to know if uk spec lowering springs will fit straight on or if i need jap spec lowering springs. I've heard it mentioned that this might be the case but cant find out for certain. Can anybody shed any light on this for me?

uk springs will be the same as import ones.its still gonna lower the car 40 mm .the struts will be the same , this whole import v's uk model saga is a load of crap.only parts i have found on the celicas to be different are the brakes .

if your goin 4 lowering springs and u tell them its an import you will hear all kinds of crap about different specs. i eventually got mine from HKS because they were the only company who seemed to know that their springs would DEFINATELY fit my 94 gt gen 6. i have had no problems with them if that helps . if i remember correctly it was 40mm drop at rear and 32 or 35mm at front . hope this helps with your choices

clutches are the same in both cars

springs and suspension are the same too

like marc says 99% of parts are the same

spax springs are a good choice , cheap and will fit import or uk model , seeing as they are they same cars. :rolleyes:

i laugh every time i here the comments about how jap cars are so different than the uk cars, it doesnt take much common sense to work out that Toyota wouldn't redesign a whole car just for the UK market, just doesn't make financial sense .there are some parts that are different but its only a small percentage. if you have any worrys go over to www.celica-club.co.uk and pm shutty as he works for Mr t and knows his stuff unlike most of the numptys that work in dealerships

Get your self a set of Spax springs, they lower by 40mm and they give the nearest comfort to standard spring and are still refined , i had a set of fensport springs before i got the spax and they were far to hard plus they didn't handle as well as the Spax.

here's a link to them. £115 delivered

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detProd.a...8015&PID=175056

Kev

Hi,

Gotta tell you, it's could be a pretty bumpy ride on some of our roads.

My SSIII's got McPherson Coil-Overs and it was already lowered when I got her.

If you do mainly Motorway or Major road driving, OK, BUT.... some minor roads can be nightmare! Well, it is in my part of the world. OH, and speed bumps, especially those little car-park black ones. One wheel at a time, if you can :)

I cracked my back-end on one of those :angry:

Happy Driving.

Phil.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links