Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Serious Problems!

SyCelicaGT

I'm Gutted!

I was driving back from work the other day and I noticed a bobbing sensation from the passenger side of the car. I though: "now that **** ain't good". Took it into the wheel garage at the weekend and they told me one of the wheels was buckled! :ffs:

As you can imagne I was not to happy and at first I did not belive the guy. Then he showed me, It did not look pretty there was a clear buckling on the inside of the wheel and I asked for it to be replaced, he replyed: " they don't make that model of alloy anymore as the shape has been updated."

Understandably, this does not please me much as I am now forced to Shell out for x4 alloys . :crybaby:

I was hoping someone on here may know of a miracle cure to straighten out alloys. Or know of a company who can legally straighten out the wheel.

Alternativly, I know it's a long shot but does anyone know of any FOX EVO3 Titanium alloys going for sale?

Help I don't know what to do! :(

alloys are cast matey...cannot be fixed. I know as I am in the same boat fella. Hit mine on a kerb and buckled it. try going to a car place that sells alloys and see if they can order one. good luck matey :thumbsup:

" they don't make that model of alloy anymore as the shape has been updated."

Well, as my mate would say 'Just F :censor: ing google it!'

I checked google and this is one of the first results I got, I don't know if these are a different shape as your mechanic is claiming but I'll let you check that.

Fox Evo 3 Titanium Alloys

If these match your current ones, get searching google and find the cheapest.

Best of luck in your searching

" they don't make that model of alloy anymore as the shape has been updated."

Well, as my mate would say 'Just F :censor: ing google it!'

I checked google and this is one of the first results I got, I don't know if these are a different shape as your mechanic is claiming but I'll let you check that.

Fox Evo 3 Titanium Alloys

If these match your current ones, get searching google and find the cheapest.

Best of luck in your searching

Cheers mate, but I have looked everywhere for a replacemtn of the FOX EVO3 alloy in the old shape. From what I can gather it has been quite a while since FOX changed the shape. I have been looking about and have found that I do not have to spend much more than £460 for a new set of alloys with tyre fitting and balancing, thinking about getting the TSW Pace alloys in 17's and just swapping over the existing tyres.

Has anyone seen these on a celica, do they look any good, (have not had a chance to offer them up against the car yet, think I will have to do a bit of photoshop work to check out what they look like?

You tried Ebay? I swear I saw some for sale the other day :bookworm:

Yeah I tried e-bay have sent a request to one of the sellers who has some of the alloys regarding the size of the fitments on the alloys and he has not get back to me yet. Also don't think I would totally trust an e-bay seller selling old alloys as that is probably where I will post my old ones! ;)

Super imposed the TSW pace alloys on the car and they look rude so think I will go down that route. 460 for x4 incuding fitting my existing tyres and balancing etc.. sounds like an ok deal to me.

Would show you guys the pictue I made but have no idea how to post it on the forum. (Thats if you really care!)

cheers for the help all. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I have put a deposit down on the TSW Pace alloys 17" I asked the guy at the alloy place if he was sure that my existing tyres (215/40/17) would fit on the new alloys and he seemed sure that this size tyre was a perfect fit for these alloys. However, I have been looking on the net because I think that my existing alloys maybe 8" wide and alloy/tyre packages for 17"x7" are mostly sold with 205/40/17, so I am unsure what size alloy I have on the car at the moment as they were on there when I brought it.

Can anyone clear this issue up for me.

What size alloys will fit my 215/40/17 tyres?????

Hi m8 you have nothing to worry about 215/40/17 are perfect its what have on mines and my wheels are 17x7 , its the size every set off 17's come with when for a Celica .

Kev

Hi m8 you have nothing to worry about 215/40/17 are perfect its what have on mines and my wheels are 17x7 , its the size every set off 17's come with when for a Celica .

Kev

Cheers Kev,

I was just fretting as I had put a deposit down on the new rims, and my exisitng tyres measured about 9". But then I checked the old recipts the previous ower gave me they where 17x7's. :D

Love your ride mate! Looks rough in black! :thumbsup:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13393

Linky to posting images my friend!

Just a thought you tried going to a shop that sells alloys etc? I went to mine and think hes getting me a replacement!

Or scrap yards locally...im clutching at straws but just tyring to help fella!!! :blink:

In case any of you are curious to see the new alloys look like:

Old buckled fox alloys:

Oldalloysfront.jpg

New TSW Pace alloys! :D :

NEWtswpacealloys.jpg

Let me know what you think I think they are an improvment, they kinda freshen up the look of car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links