Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Do To An Old Gt4?

foxman68

I have an old ST185 import and some spare cash. Thought I would ask for some advice and opinions of what to do to improve performance.

buy yourself a boost gague, FCD and a relief valve. up the boost to 0.8-9 bar and enjoy all for under £100 or £50 if your lucky ;)

word to the wise tho, after the boost goes above 12p.s.i. the stock ECU runs out of fuel map so will run 100% duty on the injectors as a safety measure, so expect fuel ecconemy for on boost to go out the window.

other mod's de-cat (probably the best), exhaust, uprated panel filter (ST185's don't like induction kits

buy yourself a boost gague, FCD and a relief valve. up the boost to 0.8-9 bar and enjoy all for under £100 or £50 if your lucky ;)

word to the wise tho, after the boost goes above 12p.s.i. the stock ECU runs out of fuel map so will run 100% duty on the injectors as a safety measure, so expect fuel ecconemy for on boost to go out the window.

other mod's de-cat (probably the best), exhaust, uprated panel filter (ST185's don't like induction kits

ST185s LOVE induction kits but make sure you`ve got it in a cold air box. Replace the stock celica fuel pump with either a Supra item or a walpro 255L/Min item. This will sort out high end fueling. Watch out for overfueling though. Stock injectors are ok upto about 300 ish BHP then you need to look at uprating these. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ST185s LOVE induction kits but make sure you`ve got it in a cold air box.

important bit in bold that most people forget about, othjerwise my statement stands :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links