Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Better Polish Than Meguiars?

DeMellow

Meguiars is ok.

personally I prefer Klasse All In One as a polish, with several (usually around 5) layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze.

I then top that with Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

This gives a fantastic clarity and depth of shine.

I have just purchased a Porter Cable Polisher - can't wairt to use it on my car.

Wheres the pics?

We love pics of shiny cars here B)

looking good!

have u ever tried it?

not the NXT wax - although I have looked into it.

The problem with NXT is that it is a cleaner wax - ie it is a wax with some cleaners in it.

So - it will remove very minor paint blemishes and wax all in one.

However, all wax does is improve the appearance of the underlying paintwork.

In order to get your car truly sparkling, you need to do the most you can to clean and polish the paintwork.

Personally, I prefer recommend that you do the following first, as it is only once that your paint is its best, that the value of the waxing is shown.

- washing.

- claying.

- rewashing.

this will remove all the surface paintwork contamination, tar spots, road grime etc.

Washing alone will not remove all the surface contamination.

Once it is completely clean, then examine your paint surface, from several angles.

Is it completely clear? Or are there swirls and scratches in it?

Is the surface shiny? or is it dull and oxidised?

If so - you need to thoroughly polish it, and bring it back to as shiny as possible.

If your paintwork is swirled, oxidised etc - then you need an agressive / abrasive polish, to in effect "sand down" these blemishes.

If the whole paint surface has swirls etc - then try something like Autoglym Paintwork Renovator - or as you like Meguiars, look into the polish from the 3 stage system.

If you have only a few spots of swirling or minor scratches, have a look at Meguiars Scratch X.

Only once you have done the most you can to get the paintwork as flawless as you can should you wax or seal it.

The reason I do not rate NXT is because in trying to be both an abrasive polish and a wax - it manages to only be a middle ground between the two.

Use of a specific product for each will give you better results, but will take longer.

meguiers is great - i've been using it years...

to say there is no better is drastically mis-understanding the products available...

As Matt posted some very good, higher end products, but even these dont compare to some waxes and polishes you can buy..

As Matt posted some very good, higher end products, but even these dont compare to some waxes and polishes you can buy..

I didn't even mention the concours wax I use! :D

O' Well.........I always relied on good ol' fashioned spit n' polish followed by a bit of elbow grease.......

Seems modern advances in car washing have overtaken this method.... :crybaby:

By the time you've finished with autoglym, you dont need to gym for a year. neva mind go for a cruise, probably hit the first wall cos ur arms dont work.

n e way, what wheels are on this corolla?

ko tuning

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links