Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tuning & Styling...

Big_Sid

Howdy,

I was thinking of modding my Celica, perhaps some engine tuning and some styling upgrades, but I'm a bit stumped and don't know what to go for. I was hoping you (the good people of the TOC forum) might be able to offer me some advice and opinions on what I can do that will have the most impact per £.

I've got a Thunder Grey 2001 Celica 190. At the moment its got the standard 16" 5 spoke wheels, the standard body kit (side skirts, spoiler) and full leather interior.

I was thinking of getting an Induction Kit (I'm told Injen do a good one), but when I looked at the current air intake system in the car, and compared that with the Induction kit (which is just a big tube with a filter on the end) a couple of alarm bells started ringing...

The current air filter box has Some other little tubes that go from it to the throttle body and there's sensors plugged into it too (I imagine these measure airflow and temp)...so if I fitted an induction kit, what happens to all these other little tubes and wires that are connected to the standard air filter?

Also, what are peoples opinions on alloys (size / style etc) and body kit... Whatever I do to the car, I don't want it looking like something out of the Fast and the Furious, I want it to be subtle(ish).

Cheers!!! - Sid

Look at the range of 17's available for the Celica. Either from Toyota or a good aftermarket wheel company.

How about lowering the car. It gives a harder ride but the wheels fill the arches better and it does look better overall.

A panel filter instead of the standard air filter may be a better option in the short term. TRD do one but that is a fairly expensive one at around £70. Apexi I think also do one at about £35.

A panel filter eh? I've seen the TRD ones on sale for £60 squid. Is that gonna make any improvement to the sound or responsivness of the engine???

The thing I liked about the sound of the cold air induction kit (someone else mentioned this on the board) that it improves the response lower down the rev-range which sounds good...

Thats the one thing I think that the Gen 7 suffers from...midrange response is pretty dull, if you want the thing to move you gotta keep em really wound up.

if you look on sites like fensport or funkyproduct you can get the Ingen or AEM short ram kits for about 175 u may also require the heat shield but that is extra , as for wheels best bet if u want something different is shop around toyota alloys look a little old and tired now as everyone has them go for something different and make yourself stand out

if you look on sites like fensport or funkyproduct you can get the Ingen or AEM short ram kits for about 175 u may also require the heat shield but that is extra , as for wheels best bet if u want something different is shop around toyota alloys look a little old and tired now as everyone has them go for something different and make yourself stand out

Yeah, had a look on Fensport. Does anyone know what happens to all these other little tubes and sensors though if you switch to an induction kit? Do they end up simply disconnected?

no mate they will be attached into the induction pipe somewhere i know on the aem im gettin there is some points on there they adapt too

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links