Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urban 4x4s - An Interesting Viewpoint

Braindead

If you one of the factors that caused you to buy a Prius was environmental then you may be interested in this http://www.stopurban4x4s.org.uk/index.htm

It's a campaign group who's aim is to reduce the number of urban 4x4s based on the argument that they use huge amounts of fuel, cause large amount of polution and are lethal to pedestrians.

They're not saying ban them full stop...just get rid of them in congested cities.

Let the debate begin! :D

I agree with many of these sentiments but should point out that alot of smaller but high powered cars have just as large an "environmental footprint" as the rather more obvoius 4*4. :o

I think it would be more equitable to look at things from an emissions view point.

Example a BMW M3 has MUCH greater emissions than a Nissan X-trail diesel. :eek:

The same can be said for alot of more common preformance cars(IE my old 2.8l Audi A4). :help:

However from a bike riders point of view it`s never much fun to be behind ANY diesel when it pulls away from the lights! :!Removed!:

ATVB ED

Yes, SOME performance cars may use as much fuel as large SUVs, but none of them weigh 6000+ lbs and endanger the safety of everyone else on the road driving sensible cars beside them. They are quite simply an ego extension for insecure guys with small genitals and nervous moms that think it's perfectly acceptable to "protect" their family at the expense of everyone else's safety and the environment.

<------- My car is a fine example of an SUV alternative. It has as much rear legroom as the largest SUV's (literally) and with seats down it will swallow 43.3 cubic feet of cargo. That's two giant 36" TV's or a loveseat.

It seats 4 large adults or 5 medium-sized adults comfortably, gets 35 mpg and at $14,000 completely equipped it's more than half the price of most SUV's. It even has 6 inches of ground clearance, only about 2 inches less than the average SUV so it's capable enough for the roughest roads most people ever encounter. I take mine on camping trips all the time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links