Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine "missing" At Low Revs

madcow502

Hi folks

My 2.0GT (3S-GE lump) has started "missing" at around 1800-2000 rpm under load. Feels like kangaroo juice. Goes superb at all mid and higher revs and idles perfectly I've changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm, etc coz they were pitted. This not improved it.

(had a similar problem on a Fiat I used to run which turned out to be a bad Low Tension connection)

Any ideas anyone ??

Thanks

madcow502

170 bhp. Feels like 17.0 bhp !!!!!!

Hi folks

My 2.0GT (3S-GE lump) has started "missing" at around 1800-2000 rpm under load. Feels like kangaroo juice. Goes superb at all mid and higher revs and idles perfectly  I've changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm, etc coz they were pitted. This not improved it.

(had a similar problem on a Fiat I used to run which turned out to be a bad Low Tension connection)

Any ideas anyone ??

Thanks

madcow502 

170 bhp.  Feels like 17.0 bhp !!!!!!

Hi Chiz. Welcome to TOC. :thumbsup: Have you looked at the HT leads? The king lead that goes from the dizzy cap to the coil is a prime suspect. Usually at the coil end. :D

Hi and welcome to TOC :D :D

I had the same problem a while ago. Turned out I just needed a new lead set and rotor arm. Either that or have it remapped might help you.

Hi and welcome to TOC :D  :D

I had the same problem a while ago. Turned out I just needed a new lead set and rotor arm. Either that or have it remapped might help you.

Nice welcome - cheers.

Thanks for the advice. Thats 2 replies suggesting leads - I'll a do them first. They're pretty darn skinny those leads aren't they!

Tom.B although Im in stockport/manchester, I frequent Buxton., weekly. (and used to do Matlock all the time on the bike a few years back!) Do you know of any decent value for money places to get mapped other than dealer?

Cheers

yeah matey just phone around... most garages will do a remap for about 20-30 pounds..just phone around the area m8 and see who ca do it. Normally when they do it it willcheck the comprssion etc so should be able to find your fault :thumbsup:

yeah matey just phone around... most garages will do a remap for about 20-30 pounds..just phone around the area m8 and see who ca do it. Normally when they do it it willcheck the comprssion etc so should be able to find your fault :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the tips. Got new parts from probedistributors.co.uk. Really nice guy there. mch cheaper than the dreaded main dealers and deliverd next day to my house from essex. Runs like a dream. cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links