Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Brake Disc Heat Shields

SLH366

:ffs:

I have a Celica GT (96)

Just recently I've tried sourcing some heat shields which sit behind the rear brake discs. I've really struggled and I'm starting to think the only place to get them from is a Toyota dealer...trouble is they cost £160 each for a piece of pressed mild steel!!!!

Has anybody suffered from badly corroded rear brake heat shields?

Does anybody know if they need to be there?

Can anybody suggest how I get some that aren't about to crumble?

Cheers!

:ffs:

I have a Celica GT (96)

Just recently I've tried sourcing some heat shields which sit behind the rear brake discs.  I've really struggled and I'm starting to think the only place to get them from is a Toyota dealer...trouble is they cost £160 each for a piece of pressed mild steel!!!!

Has anybody suffered from badly corroded rear brake heat shields?

Does anybody know if they need to be there?

Can anybody suggest how I get some that aren't about to crumble?

Cheers!

I`ve actually removed my front ones, well one of them as the other was already missing.. Not sure that they`re heat shields though. Always thought they were there to stop crud and grit getting in the callipers and pads But apparently removal improves cooling to the discs as well. I`ll get around to removing the back ones at some stage.

Depends really how desperate you are to keep muck off the discs. Cant say i`ve noticed any accelerated wear or damage without them. And i`m none too gentle with my braking at times. :ph34r:

they are mearly stone defenders.brakes dont get hot so as to need that disc there.dont worry about them crumbling , simply rip em off.

Excellent...They're coming off next week when my car goes into the garage to have the hand brake pads replaced...

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links