Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've Just Bought A Kp30

cptsideways

Hi guys, new here.

Just aquired myself a KP30, 1975 vintage complete with tartan rug :thumbsup: granny owner, not seen the light of day for 8 years. In good overall condition some minor rust but otherwise no major problems.

I need some goodies please

Alloy wheels?????

Retro tuning parts?

Spares anything really?

What have you got out there, also anyone know much about them?

I need some goodies please

Please don't, keep it original and you'll earn much more respect :D

dont keep it original, change everything, make it fast, ill respect it.

I've had one for 17 years now, and even standard parts are hard to come by. I've only managed to gather up a few spares over the years. K&N did a stainless air filter for the standard Aisin carb and Monroe used to do uprated inserts for the front struts. I fitted the 1290cc 4K engine from a Starlet/Corolla/whatever and it made a fair difference to performance, and was virtually a straight swap, just bolting the 2K mounts and alternator etc onto the 4K.

I've since fitted the 1588cc 16v 4A-GE Corolla engine, with lots of other bits to make it work, and just re-fitted the front suspension after replacing all bushes with polyeurethane. Hope to take it for a test run at the weekend.

For wheels, the PCD is *almost* the same as Peugeot or Ford, I have Ford steels on back and Peugeot steels on front at the minute, not sure if it'd be 100% safe with alloys though.

Aaron.

• 15 years later...

Hi all??  Don’t know if this is still ongoing but just seen it and having just bought a kp30 which I think due to its body number is a 1968/9 built version. Kp30 030280. In the process of rebuilding it to make it a pleasant looking car with a usable 3k motor fitted. The items I can’t find are the indicator lenses ,,the front ones above the bumper and a dash top, but hey will have to work with what I have,  Does anyone know of a straightforward replacement for the front struts and brakes. Will post again later. Cheers.

Welcome Pete...you could try eBay..or autopartspro.co.uk.?

Good luck with the rebuild.

Lenses - plain amber or with the white side light or just clear

Pads and discs look like they are available

Shocks - the EPC shows they are rebuildable - Bilstein still list their B6 performance shocks, but they are not cheap

can you post a pic of the frame tag

Edit. Found it - Built 07/1969

Shocks - Toyota part numbers

LH 48520-10010 or 48520-10011 or 48520-10021

RH 48510-10010 or 48510-10011 or 48510-10021

Hi all. Had a look at parts list on internet and the lenses for the front are just amber and no longer available, I think the other ones mentioned sit below the bumper. Mine also has drum front brakes and had no heater fitted from new, fortunately I found one and it is now fitted but still to fit new pipe work. The other part or parts I cannot get are the boot lid support springs that fit on the hinges so will try and make some. I saw one like mine on B forward jp that has a much later vin number that was Registered January 1 1969  so I thought maybe wrongly, it made mine a 68 very early basic one, I found that Astra amber lenses from a 96 model can be altered to fit the lense surrounds. When I get a bit further on I will take piccies and post them on here, thanks for your interest and comments, Peter.

sorry for the delay

i verified the frame No. twice both came back as 07/69

parts come up on eBay from time to time

Brakes i will look up the oem numbers and see if i can get a cross reference, worsted ways you can get the shoes relined and the drums skimmed

edit.

Front shoes

47651-10020 supplied in x1 quantity

Front drum

43512-12011 or 43512-12012

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links