Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats A 93 Gen 5 Worth?

Gedrick

Hi all, my brother is looking at getting his first celica, its a Gen 5 k reg, with about 120,000 miles on the clock. It has air con and all the usual gubbins for a uk spec car, he says it runs sweet as a nut, but the bloke wants no less than 2 grand for it, that seems a bit steep to me, but what do you lot think, am I being a bit stingy, or is this price about right?

Hi all, my brother is looking at getting his first celica, its a Gen 5 k reg, with about 120,000 miles on the clock.  It has air con and all the usual gubbins for a uk spec car, he says it runs sweet as a nut, but the bloke wants no less than 2 grand for it, that seems a bit steep to me, but what do you lot think, am I being a bit stingy, or is this price about right?

Have a look at AUTOTRADER for a rough guide to prices. 2K is very steep for a UK car with that mileage unless it`s a GT4 :thumbsup:

:P Yup same as what Dak said. Its a very high price for a car with that milage. Most Gen5s gtis are between £1300-£1800. With that milage id say if its a minter with full service about £1600-1650

cars of similar spec are in the trader for around £ 1000 , tell the guy to take a slow run off a long pier. :lol:

Thanks for that guys, I thought it was a lot for the car, I paid 1400 for my import a couple of months ago and thats only done 65000.

I'll let him know.......IF he hasnt bought it already!!!

take a slow run off a long pier. :lol:

Not to nitpick or anything, but isn't the saying a long walk off a short pier ???

But hey, swings and roundabouts... you know...

Gotta love all these crap sayings

'MON THE BUZZ WORDS!!!!!

always pay what you think the car is worth.

2K is too much unless it has impeccable FTSH and its spotless.

haggle, haggle, haggle with the chap :thumbsup:

take a slow run off a long pier. :lol:

Not to nitpick or anything, but isn't the saying a long walk off a short pier ???

But hey, swings and roundabouts... you know...

Gotta love all these crap sayings

'MON THE BUZZ WORDS!!!!!

nit picker :lol::lol:

£800 tops with SH i dnt see the point in paying £2000 for a NA car when you can get a GT4 or gen6 for £1,200 upwards with FSH. i quoite £1,200 on the 23 of May as GT4s are hard selling @ £1,800 even with FSH plus 2,000 in mods that are not on car couple of weeks ago they was selling good, look somewhere else.

Autotrader is ok as a price guide but theres alot of bangers on there as i been veiwing them and they want £2,000 for a £600 car

eBay is a joke at the moment veiw the car before bidding i been veiwing them and alot or bangers. Biders are getting bad feed back but if you saw what they bidded on you to would refuse to buy it.

A mint car on eBay is one that has the bumpers hanging off,oil leaks,blown head gasket i know i been to veiw them. There are good cars on there just a case of sorting though the bangers.

Belive it or not, this is the haggled price!!!!!!!! hid DID want 2700 for the car!!!!!!! I nearly swallowed my tongue when he hold me!!!!!!!! :arrgg-matey:

Belive it or not, this is the haggled price!!!!!!!! hid DID want 2700 for the car!!!!!!! I nearly swallowed my tongue when he hold me!!!!!!!! :arrgg-matey:

Tell him he`s a hopeless dreamer and walk away. :thumbsup:

what you can get for £2,000 price today

1990 TOYOTA CELICA GT-Four 3dr Liftback,

2,600 miles, . midnight gray, some mods, full engine re-build!. £2,000 . ono.

G Reg TOYOTA CELICA 2.0 GT4 Wide Arch UK Car

2 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Coupe, Petrol, Metallic Black. Power Steering, Remote Central Locking Alarm, Alloy Wheels, Electric Windows, Electric mirrors, Factory Fitted Sports Seats, Rear Spoiler, Wide Arch, Radio Cassette, Dump Valve, Stainless Steel Exhaust, Climate Control, Induction Kit, £2,195 ono.

TOYOTA CELICA 2.0 GT 4

TURBO, K reg. 59000 miles, pearl white, years MoT, new 17 BK Racing alloys, immobiliser, alarm, good condition must be seen. £2,250 . ono.

1990 TOYOTA CELICA GT-Four 3dr Liftback,

Petrol, 107,000 miles, . Toyota Celica GT 4 Import 4 wheel drive Turbo Red, G reg, 107000 km, Stainless steel exhaust 17 TSW alloys Nice condition inside and out Taxed and MOT August 05 No time wasters. £2,200 . OVNO.

1991 TOYOTA CELICA GT-Four 3dr Liftback,

83,000 miles, . Toyota Celica GT4 twin entry ceramic Turbo, rosso red, full 220bhp import, fully loaded, F.F.S.R. CD/Radio/Cass and amp. Full induction kit and dump valve, scorpion exhaust system, ECU upgrade. Four new tyres, new raidiator and heater matrix and lowered by 25mm on stiffer springs. Upgraded with Supra brakes and braided lines, Tax Oct 05 and MOT April 06. Fitted with cat 1 immobiliser with certificate. £2,500.

TOYOTA Celica GT4 Turbo, K reg.

Gleaming Metallic White, Manual, only 66k, T&T, lowered, alloys, e/w, PAS, air con, etc, 4in exhaust, turbo timer, strut brace, excellent throughout, very rare flying machine so hurry, you wont be disappointed, may p/x. £2,795.

i know they are all GT4s but look what you get for the same money as a FWD N/A. ive been looking at some Gen6 for £2,000 up in good con with SH or FSH for around £2,500

If you want to pot around or have an eye catcher then you could go for a Gen6 at that price and £500 gets you a nice body kit, more than a Gen5 would or if insurance is a problem (liverpool & Victorria are very cheap) then go for a Gen4 or Gen5 GT4.

Me ive made mistakes in the past few years spending £1,000s a year on my rides.

Im going full hog with GT4

Other people will not think the same way as me but not everyone wants to use the Celica for racing

• 2 weeks later...

i got my gen 5 two weeks ago it was in the auto trader for 1295.00 but the garage did me a straight p/ex for my astra bertone convertible which i paid £800 in oct 04 and that was a bit of a shed as vauxhalls are .

I got my celica H reg GT-R import automatic with 80k miles(130k km) the for £750 with sub and kenwood amplifier etc which worths about £200 so dont pay 2k for a gen 5 celica man!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links