Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota

Bass junky

Another of Toyotas problems is the size of their engines..in Denmark the biggest corolla ae101 you can get a 1,6 litre 4AFE engine..and look at the opponent Golf III it comes with a 2,8 litre VR6 engine... give us some bigger engines plz! :)

and the Yaris turbo is not for sale in denmark too..but i know theres a few of them here..because the pricetag would be ~25.000£

and a car like a new Corolla T-sport cost around 30400£ here, so theres not many of them on the danish roads...

an 1,6 ae101 like mine cost around 5500£ <_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• Karma Supra

• KidKoala

• Bass junky

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on!

Toyota have always done some affordable sports cars for the enthusiast (well give it a few years and they become affordable on the second habd market :D ).

Remember 'Sports' doesn't always have to mean fast but can mean 'Fun'

Just to jog your memories

1977ToyotaCelica2000RA28.jpg

To me this is there most sporty 'affordable' Toyota car ever, A Celica RA28 , 70's looks and it's a 'fastback' what could be more 'sporty'?

There were even Corolla 'Fastbacks'

corollasr.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

Also what about the 4AGE powered Corollas GT's and GTi's (FX GT'S) and the superb MK1 MR2

DriftinTruneo.jpg

GTiatCholmondley.jpg

Plus MR2's of all ages are fun and suitable for 'enthusiasts' (What 'two seater' isn't :D ).

Every Celica is great (fastback styling).

Also there is every version of the Supra's, a car that looks fast even when parked up/standing still.

All in all Toyota have made some superb cars for the enthusiast.

Scionic ...you just need to look harder.

Bass Junky ...I think we will have plenty to play with for many years to come. :thumbsup:

...Today ...Oh :blink:

People I work with say I'm never in touch with 'today'

...they'll be telling me Ronald Regan and Margeret Thatcher aren't world leaders anymore next! :rolleyes::lol:

Yes they have plans for the supra... depending on the F1 results....

the bad news is it will have a lexus badge on it! :blink:

i cant see a problem there.... :rolleyes:

Scionic I'd love to know what authority you have to comment and criticise "sports cars" when your chosen mode of transport is a Scion!!!

I will even go as far to questioning your authority on commenting any any type of "car" , and should you choose to do so, how valid your coments will be. :thumbsup:

Scionic I'd love to know what authority you have to comment and criticise "sports cars" when your chosen mode of transport is a Scion!!!

I will even go as far to questioning your authority on commenting any any type of "car" , and should you choose to do so, how valid your coments will be.  :thumbsup:

LOL

I don't live on my mommy and daddy's manor and I can't afford to own 3 cars. I chose what was most practical for my lifestyle and my needs. I don't need a sportscar to compensate for anything, but I'd love to have one as a second or third car someday. I've driven many, many different cars in my life so rest assured my opinions about cars aren't based solely on a boxy Yaris wagon. :lol:

Do you really need to be an authority on sports cars to know that Toyota doesn't build them anymore?

Do I need to be an F1 driver to tell you that when a manufacturer phases out their only 3 "sports" cars within a few of years or each other with no visible successors in the works that is a sign they aren't very serious about performance?

Do I need to be an expert to notice when a car company's products are consistently rating as dull and unlively and to notice that they are outclassed in performance in nearly every category and don't even seem to care about it?

You've made your own irrational biases and close-mindedness clear so your credibility is nothing to brag about either, mate.

Don't get me wrong. I think Supra's are great and I love the MR. We are on the same page there. I am just disgusted with Toyota for no longer building real hot hatches, abandoning sports cars and really not giving a damn about the driving dynamics of the rest of their cars unless they have a chrome "L" on the grille.

If you weren't such a Toyota apologist and living in the past, you'd agree.

Go back to slamming Scumbaru's now and driving your 10 year old Supra in a delusion of grandeur. :lol:

17 years old actually....

I'm looking for a MkII next, going for the 20+ :D

By the time I am finished with it. it will be something rather special!!

One other slight point that you may like to take on board.. I never said my car was better then anything else, and I beleive it was you that started comparing my cars to subarus.

:D

Old school looks with new school performance is what I like, Bland family saloons on steriods is what you like, can we please save the sanity and bendwith of the forum and agree to disagree?

First, Never meant to compare your car directly to a Subaru. Sorry if that offended you. Perhaps we just misunderstood each other. Different kinds of cars really. I think Toyota's are definitely of a higher quality than Subaru's. However if you don't see that Subaru takes performance more seriously than Toyota then your eyes are closed.

Second, if you're 17 years old then you have no business calling into question the credibility of someone twice your age. I've probably driven more sports cars then you've had hot meals. Just because I don't choose to compromise my daily driver and leave my mountain bike and camping gear at home so I can enter a ***** measuring contest at every traffic light does not mean I don't understand sportscars, OK?

Truce?

I don't want to argue with you dude. You seem bright for 17 and you know plenty about cars. There are lots of things we can agree on. I think this was more a misunderstanding than anything else. Know that when I mention Subaru's it's in the context of "why doesn't Toyota build cars like this now?" NOT "Gee, Subarus are so much better than Toyota's"

The car is 17!!!!!

hence why going for a mkII is "going for 20+"

Woaaaaaaaaaaah guys!!

Your missing a very important point!

Scionic said:

First, Never meant to compare your car directly to a Subaru. Sorry if that offended you. Perhaps we just misunderstood each other. Different kinds of cars really. I think Toyota's are definitely of a higher quality than Subaru's. However if you don't see that Subaru takes performance more seriously than Toyota then your eyes are closed.

Second, if you're 17 years old then you have no business calling into question the credibility of someone twice your age. I've probably driven more sports cars then you've had hot meals. Just because I don't choose to compromise my daily driver and leave my mountain bike and camping gear at home so I can enter a ***** measuring contest at every traffic light does not mean I don't understand sportscars, OK?

Truce?

I don't want to argue with you dude. You seem bright for 17 and you know plenty about cars. There are lots of things we can agree on. I think this was more a misunderstanding than anything else. Know that when I mention Subaru's it's in the context of "why doesn't Toyota build cars like this now?" NOT "Gee, Subarus are so much better than Toyota's"

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

Hey... I've apologized before. :yes:

I don't have a problem apologizing if I'm wrong or if I'm overly rude (usually anyway)

Sorry for calling you 17, too, dude.

I misunderstood you.

No worries.. its all sorted :thumbsup:

Just rememebr being a Toyota owners club most of us have and like having Toyotas! I am on my Eleventh Toyota now (all celicas, supras, soarers or MR2s, none newer then '92). Saying how great subarus are is like a jehovas witness knocking doors in a cathiolic neighborhood :D

Anyway its not just Subarus, I don't really like any new cars, none that are not silly money anyway... With a special dislike towards Saabs.. :lol:

I choose older cars because thats what I like, not because I can't afford new cars and are in any way shape or form jealous of them!!

I think Toyota are taking performance seriously.

Look how they are doing in Formula 1. I bet off the back of their successes in F1 we will see some interesting developments in the next few years. (Hopes)

Like F1 technology has anything to do with road cars :lol:

Its not just Toyota....there is nothing worth buying at the moment if you ask me...

RX8 - Ugly, Camp looking, stupid doors & just plain naff.

350Z - Ugly, French Engine, Boring & has a Nissan Badge on it.

Impreza - Really ugly, common & cheap.

Evo - Overpriced, engine round the wrong way, too tall & driven by idiots.

Only thing i would part money over at the moment is the Aston Martin DB9...but i'll never be able to afford one of those any time soon. :(

Only thing i would part money over at the moment is the Aston Martin DB9...but i'll never be able to afford one of those any time soon. :(

That was one of the cars I had in mind that was "none that are not silly money anyway"...

Next best that is comming down is the Maserati Bi turbo coupe... they are affordable now on HP (no more then a new focus, etc), yes they'll cost lots to run and break down lots... but when has that ever stopped me before??? :D

Having said that they are hardly "new" and its only the pre facelift shape that I like!

Its not just Toyota....there is nothing worth buying at the moment if you ask me...

RX8 - Ugly, Camp looking, stupid doors & just plain naff.

350Z - Ugly, French Engine, Boring & has a Nissan Badge on it.

Impreza - Really ugly, common & cheap.

Evo - Overpriced, engine round the wrong way, too tall & driven by idiots.

I agree about the RX8, though the previous RX7 was brilliant IMO and Mazda is supposed to be brining back the RX7 name for a more dedicated sports car.

350Z is a good car, though it's a little heavy for my tastes. Not sure where you got the idea it has a French engine. The VQ motors are Nissan and there's nothing inherently wrong with a Nissan Badge unless you are more into badges then you are the cars themselves.

Impreza is ugly, not so common here though, but it is cheap for what you get, I agree. It's not as nice as a Toyota, but then again how can you reasonably hate a 225 bhp car with AWD at that price unless you're just angry Toyota doesn't make anything like it.

EVO I don't think is overpriced for the performance, but Mitsubishi reliability is suspect.

I don't care what kind of people drive a particular car or what kind some people THINK drive a particular car. If I want a BMW I'll get one. If I want a Subaru, I'd get that. It's just immature to evaluate a car based on image or the Badge on the bonnet, IMO.

Like F1 technology has anything to do with road cars :lol:

Oh of course not :rolleyes:

Aerodynamics, engine, gearbox, electronics etc. During developing the F1 cars they learn allsorts of new technology which can be brought across to road cars. I thought that was obvious and well known. ;)

Oi Scionic.. nothing wrong with BMW drivers... :P Not if its a 23 year old beamer with 220 bhp stock anyway ;)

RX-7s are fantastic cars... the interior falls apart and they feel plasticy... but the way they drive is :thumbsup: They look good too!

RE F1 cars and technology... you would be suprised!!! Ever heard of road cars with traction control or ABS?

Come to think about it... Weren't turbos from racing??? The old F1 cars rocked!!! 1000 BHP from a 1300 cc engine! madness!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links