Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota

Bass junky

The 350z engine is from Renault :) (Who now own Nissan)

I agree that you should not judge a car by the Badge and the type who drive it.

But unfortunately in this world those two things are important to most people.

Nissan will never shake the 'taxi driver' image that the Bluebird gave it.

BMW is always going to be for the fat executive types who think they own the road.

Mercedes will always be known as a Luxury brand even though they dont make cars like they used to.

Shame really :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• Karma Supra

• KidKoala

• Bass junky

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont bring out anything turbod anymore because of emissions. thats what its all about.

There supposed to be bringing out a turbocharged corrola.

Look at Lexus. got that supercar too. whether they bring it out is a nother matter.

Although not strictly F1 technology... I'll be receiving my cylinder head back from Renault F1 any day soon, its had the works done on it :D

The exhaust manifold threads on my girlfriends have been helicoiled courtesy of BAR F1 too... so when she bleats on that her car is faster then mine.. I'll point out who is ahead of who in F1 this year :lol::lol:

Like F1 technology has anything to do with road cars :lol:

Oh of course not :rolleyes:

Aerodynamics, engine, gearbox, electronics etc. During developing the F1 cars they learn allsorts of new technology which can be brought across to road cars. I thought that was obvious and well known. ;)

Since when did road cars have the aero dynamics of F1 cars? or the same braking technology, or suspension technology etc?

I don't believe it, but I'm happy if you can proove me wrong ;)

Just rememeber things take years to trickle down to road cars, but they are pioneered in F1...

Where do you think active ride and dampers came from?

Any form of aerodynamic wing or spoiler (even on my supra, the rear wing cuts down the drag coefficiant by point something or other (.2 springs to mind)

The use of composites in car construction... not to mention the monocoque chassis.. composite brakes as seen in the mercedes SLR,

-even diagnostic telematics came from race environments!

AS said earlier I beleive ABS and raction control, not to mention huge advances in the tyre world!

Wings were around before F1.

as were monoque bodies.

F1 has contributed traction control and driver aids, and the paddle shift, but this isn't unique to toyota.

Rally cars have a much bigger influence on road cars, as they are far more similar.

I dont think the fact that toyota have an F1 team means we are gonna get a load of fast cars.

Wish they would go back to rally and bring back the Turbo fun

Subaru and Mitsubishi manage to pass the tests so Yota have nothing to complain about in that department

They are changing image which is not good for the sports car devision

I know there is plenty of "old" toyota sports cars but I want something new and not 12+ years old

They are tryin to join Lex by bringing their image to that level

I'm happy as I'm not the only one who thinks this about toyota cars

The 350z engine is from Renault  :)  (Who now own Nissan)

I agree that you should not judge a car by the badge and the type who drive it.

But unfortunately in this world those two things are important to most people.

Nissan will never shake the 'taxi driver' image that the Bluebird gave it.

BMW is always going to be for the fat executive types who think they own the road.

Mercedes will always be known as a Luxury brand even though they dont make cars like they used to.

Shame really  :(

Ah, I knew Renault had a controlling interest in Renault, I'm still not sure what gives you the idea Renault sourced the engine. Unless you all get a different motor in your 350Z(?)

We get the VQ35, a 3.5 liter V6 from the VQ family which are engineered by Nissan, though they do appear in some Renaults.

Either way the 350Z engine, which is also found in many other Nissans sold here, has been in the Wards 10 Best Engines list for 10 years in a row. That is more than any other engine. Ever. And this is a group of engineers evaluating them. See what they have to say about the 350Z's engine.

LINK 1

LINK 2

Funny thing about image vs. substance. For example, Nissan's are and were rarely used as taxi's here so they have no such image problem. BMW's have a similar image here though, yet either way I just don't care some how. I'd drive either one happily.

Wings were around before F1.

as were monoque bodies.

F1 has contributed traction control and driver aids, and the paddle shift, but this isn't unique to toyota.

Rally cars have a much bigger influence on road cars, as they are far more similar.

I dont think the fact that toyota have an F1 team means we are gonna get a load of fast cars.

I know!!

Those "Always Ultra" adverts have been running forever (usually when I'm eating :angry: )

They dont bring out anything turbod anymore because of emissions. thats what its all about.

There supposed to be bringing out a turbocharged corrola.

Look at Lexus. got that supercar too. whether they bring it out is a nother matter.

A bit of a myth about a turbo being an oil burner. Just look at most diesel engine cars and a few rep mobile petrol cars use turbo's very efficiently. Keep the boost low, to a small rev range and the turbo small, you have a very efficient setup. Not much fun though trust me I drive one everyday :(

Joe

Were spoilers around before F1????

The early grand prix cars in had no spoilers! (Bugatti type 35 etc etc)

the type 35 was however the first car to have alloy wheels.... how many people here have alloys?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links