Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ps2 In Yaris

Griffyn

I am possibly thinking about adding my ps2. If i do so then i would like the dvd drive under my headunit....i wld b ok wit modding the case and making it fit.

But when i took it apart the dvd drive was connected by cable like this:

https://www.ps2repairs.co.uk/catalog/images/reset-cable.jpg

Can you extend this cable by simply cutting it in half and then soldering wires between the terminals?

Has any1 installed a ps2 in their yaris?

I am gona use my ps2 i hav atm which was like one of the first ones (when it came down to £120). And i will get a slimeline one off eBay for home. The dvd drive is almost a perfect size to go under my headunit after some modding :thumbsup: Plus after i hav installed my new subs i wont b able 2 put the ps2 in the back or the subs will cause the disc to jog. Likely to have 2x12" alipine type-rs and possibly a 3000W pioneer 10" or a 15" alpine type-r. Not sure yet.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/layin_the...508.jpg&.src=ph

I am going to get the pioneer avic-x1r headunit soon though, and probably some screens in the headrests on the front seats. So will be cool......plus means i wnt have 2 save my route onto the headunit if i wana a dvd if i have ps2.

They dont have a PS2 in their Yaris but Blaze & Daz362 have the most excellent XBox installation in their T-Sport.....

Maybe ask one of them?

Thanks angel.

Does any1 know if u can cut those cables in half and extend them?

I doubt many people here have tried that but i'd try and buy a replacement cable first then try cutting up that instead of the old one.

Yeah we have our xbox and my new ps2 in the glovebox!! :D

Its brilliant! Get it done!

I dunno how it works, darren knows all that!

Where do you sit and play the games?

I'm trying to picture the scene. What is it, parked in a parking lot playing the game in the back seat?

Passenger sitting in the front seat playing in a visor monitor while someone else drives?

I'm trying to envision a practical situation where that would be useful.

ive got ps2 in mine aswell, not to sure on the old wiring cutting method i personally wouldnt, dumb question, but couldnt you just run both using the ps2, rather than install both devices??

as for scionic question, my tft screen is "cleverly" mounted on the center concole, with the ps2 under the passanger seat. works a treat for passangers when on short or long drives, and screen can be seen from both front and rear enabling good 2 player mode :thumbsup:

Our screens are in the sun visors, seein as there is only ever two people in he car it makes sense to have them there! I love it! Sat waitin for him at his workplace or wherever and i just sit and watch SiTC :lol:

We have both in as the games i have are different to the xbox and we have to wire them in seperately cant do it with the same wire initially!

i had a ps2, and full PC system, and touch screen installed in my yaris. but its all been taken out ready for the performance monitering system to be installed. easy enough job to put one in though.

F*********** Guys :P Dats wiked. Al of ya sound like u have da Dinero! Man, if onli i cud do that :D if u played on it for Ages, while stopped sumwhere, wudnt it eat up the Battery even more as its a PS2 not just a Headunit... Ne Pics on offer????? :D

I am going to get the pioneer avic-x1r headunit soon though

i have the avic x1, an its a great screen to connect a games console too! :D

I have a GameBoy Advance SP.

Only cost me $60 and I can play it in my car too. Works from any seat. :yes:

sp_gold.jpg

Goes along great with my high tech SAT NAV system:

B000058BCR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

F*********** Guys  :P Dats wiked. Al of ya sound like u have da Dinero! Man, if onli i cud do that  :D if u played on it for Ages, while stopped sumwhere, wudnt it eat up the battery even more as its a PS2 not just a Headunit... Ne Pics on offer?????  :D

No pics of ours, Its supposed to be hidden so cant get any good pics of them!

The Battery we use has been upgraded! lol instead of the tiny little thing its huge!

We have ours on for hours if im bored and its not run out on us yet! :thumbsup:

no pics of mine at the mo, mines just running off two invertors from cig lighter, havnt installed an uprated or second Battery yet, so for this current set up engine has to be running

ive got a better invetor which you wire directly to the Battery, so tempted with uprating/ or second and wire it to that

my inverter was running straight from the Battery and if the voltage drops bellow 11.5v it switches the pc etc off, so you can still start the car.

hehehe, i see guys, da gameboy advance is gud idea :P :thumbsup: i have a PSP, well Good man, cud play games and also watch film if i bored :D Thing is, i need to get a in car adaptor so that it does not run outa Battery!!!

:thumbsup:

your discription says your from kent, but you use words like da, gud, cud and outa. words like this give me the impression you are originally eastern european? is this right?

your discription says your a kent, but you use words like da, gud, cud and outa. words like this give me the impression you are originally eastern european? is this right?

pmsl, nice one mate :thumbsup:

haha, I use loads of slang:p But im actually chinese, if dat makes ne difference??:P :yes: Nothin wrong wit dat that is it??? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links