Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Psr Sport Survives ‘killer’ Kielder To Score 2nd S

Spratty

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I posted. Thought some readers might like to hear how the mighty Toyota Yaris EVO is getting on in the British Rally Championship.

We're up against a sorted Nissan Micra and many MG-ZRs, but the Yaris is proving to be competitive, although we've got a few tricks up our sleeve for futher development. Watch this space! www.psr-sport.com

Spratty

Driver Phil Spratt and co-driver Steve Coles steered the Jamie Houghton Transport backed Toyota Yaris EVO Rally Car to a credible 2nd place on the second round of the British Rally Championship Stars of the Future Series.

The PSR Sport crew got off to a less than perfect start, with an engine mount failing part way through the first stage. The team did well to finish in 5th position despite this problem. The problem was rectified at the first Auxiliary Service point where the Geoff Jones Motorsport crew did well to fix the engine mount in only 12 minutes. Unfortunately, this was 2 minutes over the permitted 10 minutes so the team picked up a 20 second time penalty.

With the problem fixed, Spratt pushed on to gradually climb up the leaderboard whilst concentrating on keeping it tidy on the unforgiving Kielder stages.

The P-Zero Spectator Stage proved to be a good test of the take-off and landing capabilities of the Toyota Yaris and Spratt set the 2nd fastest stage time to bring the team up to 3rd in Class at the lunchtime service.

The afternoon stages proved to be a big challenge for the team when the intercom failed, leaving Spratt to drive the last 3 stages without pacenotes. With Kielder Forest having the infamous nickname of ‘Killer Kielder’, this was not a good place for Phil to be driving ‘blind’.

Conscious of the Vauxhall Nova of Chris Shields only a few seconds behind going into the afternoon stages, Spratt tried to find a balance between driving tidily and taking enough risks to stay ahead. Fortunately for PSR Sport, the closing stages of the day also proved to be very challenging for other crews with some teams failing to reach the finish.

After driving fast enough to stay ahead, and tidily enough to finish the stages, the Toyota Yaris EVO Rally Car finished a very pleasing 2nd in Class.

This result awards Spratt 18 points, moving him up the table to 2nd in the 1400 Class, only 4 points behind Matt Beebe in the MG-ZR.

The team hopes to complete some testing in the coming weeks to refine the setup of the Yaris EVO before the Scottish Rally on 10th June.

Just finished reading that on your website before I read this post - spookey.

Well done Phil for surviving "killer" Keilder and coming in 2nd is excellent - just goes to show what the Yaris an do when driven properly :lol:

Hey that sounds awesome! My dad is chairman of thame motorsports club and for that reason i see a reasonable amount of sunday style rallys etc. I was wondering if you do any rallys in south east as ya london based as it would be cool to see you! Thought about entering the rockingham rally later in the year? my dads organising that and it was amazing last year so may be worth a look! would be awesome to see you there! it a weekend event this time! How about places like Oakington, Abingdon and Longcross? your ever rally there? i haven't looked at your site yet so sorry if a lot is answered there! Anyway good luck for the future and hopefully i will get to see your car sometime!

Woody

Good stuuff.. as said before, keep up the good work, and keep us informed as to how things are going in the future :thumbsup:

Cheers guys. I'll keep you posted.

I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again- I'd happily sort a TOC day in the forest with the Yaris if any forum members are interested in a full-speed ride in the Yaris. Just let me know!

The closest we get to the South East is the Rally of Kent (my home event which is in March) and the last round of the British Rally Championship, the Tempest Rally, which is based in Aldershot, near Guildford. That's in November.

Take her easy, folks.

Spratty

PS- If anyone has Sky Sports Extra, the BRC is on tonight at 18:30. There's a chance that the Yaris EVO will be on it, but no guarantees.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links