Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One Step Closer To World Domination!

Demonic Angel

Matt - thank you for the advice, I take everything you've said on board. I know its not going to be easy, I'm not wearing my rose-tinted specs. I've had a nightmare couple of days at work since!

I plan on arranging some sort of formal qualification to plug the gaps, I'm sure the company will fund it but I need to speak to them first! Luckily I have a lot of support behind me and I'm not running the whole operation alone - we have an external company who hosts and originally designed the core of the website, so I can always call on those guys for help - so I'm not entirely a one-woman band.

I've not even had any time to TOC during the day (I've been having withdrawal symptoms and everything!) :lol::lol:

Still it'll be worth it when its up and running - made some excellent flash animation thingies today, only to realise they dont work on the site for some reason! Oh well, back to the drawing board! :wacko:

Matt - thank you for the advice, I take everything you've said on board. I know its not going to be easy, I'm not wearing my rose-tinted specs. I've had a nightmare couple of days at work since!

no problems.

you can always post here if needed too - there are quite a few IT guys on here who normally try and help the people with computer problems ;)

Still it'll be worth it when its up and running - made some excellent flash animation thingies today, only to realise they dont work on the site for some reason! Oh well,  back to the drawing board!  :wacko:

did you upload the movie (the .fla file)?

or did you publish the movie and upload the .swf file?

(hint - you want to use the .swf ;) )

no problems.

you can always post here if needed too - there are quite a few IT guys on here who normally try and help the people with computer problems ;)

Still it'll be worth it when its up and running - made some excellent flash animation thingies today, only to realise they dont work on the site for some reason! Oh well,  back to the drawing board!  :wacko:

did you upload the movie (the .fla file)?

or did you publish the movie and upload the .swf file?

(hint - you want to use the .swf ;) )

I uploaded the .swf file, but its just a blank white box when you load the website..... :unsure:

Hi Em,

Has your browser got the up to date plug-ins for flash?

Any error messages when you download the site?

What are you using to create and upload your website? If it's Dreamweaver, I may be able to help. :thumbsup:

Well figured out the flash problem as the animations have to be hosted at the same place as the site and the site is hosted by an external company on their servers so I need them to upload the stuff onto their systems before it will work.

lol we dont have new fangled technology like Dreamweaver Caz! TBH its just really basic HTML with some Flash thrown in for good measure! This company who host our site have given us these little areas on the admin page that look a bit like Dreamweaver, but you can switch from a viewing area to a coding area and you can type in the viewing area and it will automatically code for you, but I prefer to use the coding area because you can get a lot more functionality that way....

Does anyone understand what I mean? I doubt it! But its HTML but it looks nicer than HTML tends to look because of this special area we have.....

Would like Dreamweaver in the future though - its a brilliant programme!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links