Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Husbands And Boyfriends.... Take Note.

Calisto

The mind controls the body, not the other way round. :lol:

Paul.

Hormones.............bloody copout - that's all it is.

It's not like it's the first time.........Every month, regular as clockwork, for years.

You're stuck with it so why not LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT........only the first few times are justifiably allowed as an excuse.

Yeah........ but thats a bit like back ache really ...... should be used to it by now, stop making a fuss ....... take the pain killers and shut up.

But if someone is in pain, I just cant stand by and watch. A cuddle works great. And I would just like to add that this PMT stuff does really hurt...... some months are not as bad as others (right SoTOC) BUT SOMETIMES its bloody crippling. BE SYMPATHETIC and caring .

It wont kill you.

Hmm....

When a woman has her period she can do 1 of 2 main things....

1) Curl up in a ball somewhere and wait for the world to swallow her up.

2) Try to block it out and get on with it.

There are of course variations in between, and these can vary depending upon how bad it is on a particular month but those are the main ones.

I try to err as close to option 2 as possible, I am what I am, what happens, happens and to be honest it isnt fair asking someone else to 'put up' with me being a !Removed! just cause its 'that time of the month'.

Close to half the population of the world is female (I dont know exact figures) and we all go through the same thing month in, month out (there are exceptions, but im talking in general terms here). Some manage to cope, others dont... and I highly doubt it is -all- down to the physical, some of it (note -some-) is mind over matter.

I have had bad months and good months... sometimes I want to just hit something... other times it is barely noticable.... but....

When this kind of thing happens if both parties made a little effort, things could be so much easier:

Girls: would it hurt to grab yourself a bar of chocolate a hot water bottle and curl up somewhere quiet, try not to burst into tears at the slightest thing and keep mouth shut with vicious words to your other half simply because we are 'hormonal'? (yes i have been a culprit too :P) Being hormonal is becoming so much more of an excuse for things now.

Guys: it doesnt cost anything to offer a cuddle, or to offer to get a hot water bottle, maybe offer to get painkillers or something.... and it doesnt cost much to txt to make someone feel better, sometimes the smallest things can make all the difference, doesnt need to be extravagant.

For the record... I liked both Ash and Les' versions ;) hehehe well amusing :thumbsup:

I Agree jj hormones do get the blame for a lot of things but until id experienced the mood swings i did not understand at all ...

they really do come from nowhere! There isnt a lot you can do about it and sometimes you do say things you dont mean...

Just have to warn your partner that its 'that time' and then lads you should understand and like said above ...get out the way! :lol: :P

But if someone is in pain, I just cant stand by and watch. A cuddle  works great. And I would just like to add that this PMT stuff does really hurt...... some months are not as bad as others (right SoTOC) BUT SOMETIMES its !Removed! crippling. BE SYMPATHETIC and caring .

It wont kill you.

er...............didn't this thread have a smiley next to it??

But if someone is in pain, I just cant stand by and watch. A cuddle  works great. And I would just like to add that this PMT stuff does really hurt...... some months are not as bad as others (right SoTOC) BUT SOMETIMES its bloody crippling. BE SYMPATHETIC and caring .

It wont kill you.

Yep :thumbsup:36_2_49.gif:lol:

But if someone is in pain, I just cant stand by and watch. A cuddle  works great. And I would just like to add that this PMT stuff does really hurt...... some months are not as bad as others (right SoTOC) BUT SOMETIMES its bloody crippling. BE SYMPATHETIC and caring .

It wont kill you.

It sure does, but some of the comments have been a bit harsh. :bye:

tee-hee. Those PMS names remind me of something.

I used to have this friend who was an indian girl. I can't remember what her religion was, but she had to fast for periods of time. IF you think a PMS-ing girl is bad, wait until you have to deal with a *starved* pms-ing girl :ph34r: It could get rather unpleasant at times.

I think my dad has GOMS - Grumpy Old Man Syndrome - at certain times of the month :lol:

A recent study found that the kind of male face that a woman is attracted to can vary considerably depending upon where she is in her menstrual cycle.

It seems that if a woman is ovulating then she is more attracted to a Man with rugged and masculine features.

However, if she is menstruating, she is more inclined to be drawn to a Man who is doused in petrol and set on fire, with scissors embedded deep into his temple and a cricket stump shoved up his ar*se.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links