Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Trueful?

gordypix

no its true, ive been telling people for a while but no one listens to me! :(

Well I heard about the Celica and MR2 but didnt really know much about the Previa.

But it mentions Europe not the UK :ph34r:

yea tis here to! had a meeting at work early this year and we were told then :(

yea tis here to! had a meeting at work early this year and we were told then  :(

NUTZ :crybaby:

I'm not surpised, Toyota don't seem interested in makeing the sportier cars anymore... whe the current MR2 and celica came out, with no turbo version, alarm bells started ringing!

They are bringing out a celica gt ltd ed before they stop, go out with a bang they want to believe,

it has a spoiler and bigger wheels and i think it is a bigger engine not sure on that yet.

I'm not surpised, Toyota don't seem interested in makeing the sportier cars anymore... whe the current MR2 and celica came out, with no turbo version, alarm bells started ringing!

Ironic really that was their mistake, they are hardly sports cars compared to the older models

Ironic really that was their mistake, they are hardly sports cars compared to the older models

Well your botty was twitching in mine when I took you round Bruntingthorpe :angry:

:P :lol:

I remember Shaz saying about the MR2 and Celica - its such a shame - still, they are a company and will want to make profits and sell cars...

Didnt know about the Previa though...... :huh:

one of my local dealers told me about with last august. but they said that they are bringin a new range fo cars tho. so lets hope so

Well your botty was twitching in mine when I took you round Bruntingthorpe :angry:

Errrr Good point that

But compare a mr2 twin entry turbo to yours, quite alot of different

Yours is still dam fun though :thumbsup:

Errrr Good point that

But compare a mr2 twin entry turbo to yours, quite alot of different

Yours is still dam fun though :thumbsup:

You just keep digging that hole matey... :lol:

6.627 Celica sold in the uk last year...well 6000 of em must have been around my way....there tons of the buggers on the roads. and mr2s...bah :angry:

I think toyota will release a new previa and an updated celica.

But there is something in the pipeline

They are bringing out a celica gt ltd ed before they stop, go out with a bang they want to believe,

it has a spoiler and bigger wheels and i think it is a bigger engine not sure on that yet.

woooooooooooo :huh: <yawn>

why not a 3SGTE, 4WD, and a GT4 Badge on the back

the fools!

even the !Removed! are bunging the 3S in the gen7 like theres no tomorrow! been in all the mags!

There is already a replacement for the Previa, we've had it here in the U.S. for a few years. Well, at least it was *our* replacement for the Previa. It's possible it is just an "engineered for the US market" model.

http://www.toyota.com/sienna

The Previa has abyssmal frontal crash test ratings in America and as a result Toyota had to replace the vehicle ASAP or risk a massive loss in sales. It was replaced by the less interesting and less innovative Sienna. The Sienna did address what was seen as the Previa's two big shortcomings in this market though by making the front end strong enough to get the highest ratings ever recorded in frontal collision at the time and by fitting a powerful V6 in place of the Previa's midship 4 cylinder.

I don't see a replacement for the Celica any time soon. There have been no rumors of this, Toyota has said nothing about it and neither has anyone else. I'm certain if there was a next gen in the works, Toyota would have mentioned it.

Toyota isn't very interested in building sporting cars anymore except perhaps the Soarer/SC430.

• 3 weeks later...

There is already a replacement for the Previa, we've had it here in the U.S. for a few years. Well, at least it was *our* replacement for the Previa. It's possible it is just an "engineered for the US market" model.

http://www.toyota.com/sienna

The Previa has abyssmal frontal crash test ratings in America and as a result Toyota had to replace the vehicle ASAP or risk a massive loss in sales. It was replaced by the less interesting and less innovative Sienna. The Sienna did address what was seen as the Previa's two big shortcomings in this market though by making the front end strong enough to get the highest ratings ever recorded in frontal collision at the time and by fitting a powerful V6 in place of the Previa's midship 4 cylinder.

I don't see a replacement for the Celica any time soon. There have been no rumors of this, Toyota has said nothing about it and neither has anyone else. I'm certain if there was a next gen in the works, Toyota would have mentioned it.

Toyota isn't very interested in building sporting cars anymore except perhaps the Soarer/SC430.

Sienna may be less interesting and innovative but compared to the '92 Previa I had, the Sienna is light years ahead in refinement, power, comfort, and ride quality (of course, I'm comparing the American Spec Previa here...).

What about he mr2 we saw at the ring last year?? That was a widebody mr2 thought that was coming out soon

Celica (and MR2) will still be available through most of 2006, if you want one.

The wide bodied MR2 thing seen testing is just a mule (i.e. the MR2 body is covering some new mechanicals). I think Ken got up close...

The LF-A concept shown at Detroit and widely reported as the new Supra (a word not uttered by anyone at Toyota or Lexus) remains officially a concept. Next likely news - if any - will come out of Tokyo Show in October.

Sienna is a US-built, US-market only car. It replaced old mid-engine, RWD Previa, I think. Current European Previa (FWD) has no safety issues.

As for why we are not making new sports cars - who says we aren't? However, there may be a gap. Big issue pre-2010 is the need to meet new emissions regs. However as we have the cleanest SUV why not the cleanest sports car too.

p.s. US has new Scion coupe, hence less need for Celica.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links