Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All Time Fave Car?

Karma Supra

What is your all time fave car????

Not so much your all time fave silly car... (i.e. Bugatti Veyron)

I was just chatting to Moffmo, showing some MkIII Soarer pics....

The Mk3 soarer is one of my all time fave cars..... it was one of the first jap coupes to really put the :censor:'s up the germans.... it came first in the JD power survay in the US for EIGHT years (in SC400 guise), its styling and double hinged doors were blatantly copied by Mercedes quite a few years later in the CL, and when developing the Xk8/DB7 sister cars the design team came accross a SC400 in Vega and borroed it for research, they were heavily inspireed by it!! (remember the soarer MkIII came out in 1991, look at the Jag XK and Aston DB7 that came out later.........................) :censor:

To me it had all the benefits of the Mk4 supra, but without the dubious Fast and furious, ricer image (or headlights or spoiler, sorry mk4 chaps!)

Another fave is the original 300SL mercedes (gullwing) but I class that in the silly cars..... although it a is a classic, its not likely I'll ever be able to own one!!

What are yours??????

Okay... Other end of the spectrum but I've always loved the Citroen Mehari and the Fiat 'nuova' 500.

Best to think of the Mehari as a motorised bathtub - its based on the 2CV in case you haven't guessed.

citmehari70.jpg

The 500 is just the cutest thing on four wheels.

car59b.jpg

I'm also a bit of a fan of the Merc G-wagen and Citroen DS ;)

A

For me its the car I'm working on now, the Aston Martin Vanquish. We are just doing a minor facelift for 2006 model year. I first worked on it back at Lotus where the design was engineered, its just so elegant and oozes quality. In terms of moe "normal" cars it would have to be the old MGB GT. In reality they aren't actually that good but as a kid in the 1960's I loved the design and that appeal has grown up with me.

Wow! you guys don't need another product designer do you? :D

Kelvyn Posted Today, 09:19 AM

In terms of moe "normal" cars it would have to be the old MGB GT. In reality they aren't actually that good but as a kid in the 1960's I loved the design and that appeal has grown up with me.

Mgb.jpg

Cheers kelvin :thumbsup:

...and yes they do break down/need fixing a lot but there cheep to fix by the road side :lol:

I know its dated now, but the TVR Tuscan S is just the dogs danglies as far as I'm concerned..... its GAWJUSS!

I saw one once at Stoneleigh, it roared past and the engine sounded just so sexy! If I could afford it, I'd have one as my Sunday car! :thumbsup:

TVR%20Tuscan%20S%20-%203.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Choice of two for me

Strangely they are both British cars :eek:

the first is the TR6. Just stunning

Triumph.Tr6.1.jpg

The other one ( predictably ) is the good old Mini. More Smiles per mile than anything before or since.

Mini_Cooper_S1.jpg

Used to see these getting exported by the hundreds when I was a lad and always fancied one :thumbsup:

eurcom1.jpg

I would like to own a Classic car.......

Aston DB5 :thumbsup:

or a more modern car like a Lotus Esprit (just have a liking for those cars) :thumbsup:

But gimme a Classic Mini (Italian Job) Cooper to play with anytime ya like and I'll be chuffed :D

Lol talking to charlie i achieved a new life goal that soarer is !Removed! nice...

i want a DB9, i want an atom!

I've had a soft spot, for the Honda NSX for many years.....dream on ;)

HondaNSX141962002174412.jpg

fave car ive owned is gotta be my current mr2

as for silly mega car...

pagani_zonda_c12_01.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

short version of one of these, still one of the best cars ever and my all time fave (spot the rally fan) one day i will get one but good ones are appreciating nowadays

Ur-quattro_14.jpg

People seem to be getting into silly cars!!!!!!

TVRs are ok... but I see so amny day in day out..... all becomes bit boring!!!

Absolutely has got to be 1 of these! Always loved them and I've still got the minichamps model I bought when I was like 8! :D

celica_d.jpg

:drool:

Ferrari F40 :thumbsup:

My personally owned favourite of all time was my 1995 Rev3 MR2.

If money wasn't an option :drool: :

mac011.jpg

There isnt a car that sticks out in my mind if you stay away from the supercars like the Ferrari Enzo/F50, Bugatti Veyron, Rolls Royce Phantom, Lamborgini Diablo, Jaguar XJ220 etc.

If I was looking at a realistically priced car that I'd love to get though it would definately be the Ariel Atom, it was on Top Gear a few months ago, looked absolutely fantastic fun, was going for around the £25,000 mark if I remember right which is a great price despite the lack of radio, doors, bodywork or even windscreen. Roll on mid-life crisis!!!

If I was looking at a realistically priced car that I'd love to get though it would definately be the Ariel Atomfun,!

Thanks, i mentioned that up above but forgot the company

ARIEL... :rolleyes:

you know its right :D nice dark blue one though :D with the steering wheel in the middle ;) just to accomodate me :P

If I was looking at a realistically priced car that I'd love to get though it would definately be the Ariel Atomfun,!

Thanks, i mentioned that up above but forgot the company

ARIEL... :rolleyes:

Lol, no problem, didnt even notice :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links