Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4

MoscowMale

I've fitted a Witter bar and adapted it to accept rear step fixings - all OK.

But can anyone guide me to connect the single electrics? Is there access into the rear light cluster/wiring loom area? Can a simple connection be made into a point in the loom, or should I use snap blocks to the individual wires?

Any advice will be appreciated.

I brought the Toyota wiring kit off eBay, bargin at £10 plus postage, retails at Toyota for £70 but it was easy to wire up as it has all the right connections and instructions for doing the job including relays. Hope this helps

I have put towbars onto several cars, although not a RAV!

Usually, you can "tap" into one side of the light cluster for all you need for single electrics except the other sides' indicator which you generally have to run a cable to.

I've always used scotch locks without any hassle.

The only problems I've encountered are in finding a decent exit hole for the cable!!

Thanks Guys, I eventually managed it !

For anyone else's benefit, the best way to bring the wires into the rear light cluster is via the rubber grometted holes to be found under the rear corner bumper sections just behind the wheel arches.

If you've got the fingers of a gynocologist, you don't even need to remove the interior panels, as there is just enough slack on the rear lighting cables to do the connections with scotch blocks through the removable access covers in the "boot" area.

Incidently, I fitted my Witter tow bar (I believe a Towsure is the same, but a lot cheaper) with a removable Stowball. Before doing the final fit, I carefully cut off the rear step brackets from the chassis mounts, and had them TIG welded to the Witter.

Result is a fully concealed towbar & electrics, and I'm able to open the rear door with the ball in place. Well worth a few grazed knuckles !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links