Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Fairness At Last....

Fidgits

BBC story

A police driving instructor responsible for teaching fellow officers to drive safely was disqualified and fined after he admitted driving at 110mph.

*posted in fairness to balance, due to several 'police got away with it' threads posted recently

"Because of the high speed, we have no other alternative but to disqualify you from driving."

So how come the other guy got off with it??? double standards as usual.

Nah - he wasn't going fast enough so they booked him - had he really been shifting he would have been let off for practicing properly ... :bye:

"Because of the high speed, we have no other alternative but to disqualify you from driving."

I thought the other guy was drivign a new police car (unmarked?) and he was just getting used to it.

I was watching a programme a while back about police driver training and on there they were regularly driving over 100mph on local A roads (ie single carriageway round town sort of roads) as part of the training.

When its not part of the job though these people should have the book thrown at them. As police officers they should know better and should be setting an example for the rest of us to follow.

I'm sure if I was caught doing a similar speed I would get more than a 2 month ban regardless of whether or not I pleaded guilty.

I'm sure I read somewhere the other day that they are going to re-open that case? :huh:

its about time the speed limit is removed from our motorways.

if the conditions allow it, i see no reason why an alert driver shouldn't be allowed to travel at high speed.

i drive down motorways all the time at 9pm and 2-3am and it is perfectly acceptable to do 90, 100, or more.

in a way im glad the 159mph fella got off. its a mockery of the 'them and us' system, but it also shows that under the right circumstances this speed should be allowed.

the ABD are campaigning for an 80mph limit to be introduced, with a view to removing the speed limit entirely in the future.

i feel we should introduce a 90mph limit between 6am - 9pm, and remove the limit entirely between these times.

now at rush hour and through most of the working day the speed limit is irrelevant as you rarely get above 50 anyway but when you can, i feel you should be allowed the speeds that are proposed.

the policing of motorways then should be enforced dependant upon whether you appear to be alert, or driving dangerously, not on the speed you are travelling at - if safely.

BAN THE TAILGATERS, BAN THE LANE HOGS, BAN THE ERRATIC. leave the sensible fast people alone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links