Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Supra Details

jay dh

this is probably known anyway but to clarify or inform...

toyota are bringing out a high performance car next year and it is the supra, it is not going to be a lexus, as they wont be able to call it a supra

Jay

wow - that must a whole month since someone mentioned the new Supra..

No, there will be no new Toyota bearing the Supra name - Fact.

More over, they are ditching the MR2 and celica names also...

They will be bringing out a 'sports coupe' to replace the MR2/Celica...

what is ur source?

i did not notice the other supra threads, not been on this forum for ages

toyota themselves have said that the MR2 and Celica are dead ..

And there were photos of the replacement going round Nur ..

The supra died when they decided to fit sea monkey headlights and an overly large boot handle.......

Toyot cannot be bothered to make interesting cars anymore.. so I'd imagine you are probably wrong :D

I unfortunately have to agree, I think we all wish that Toyota would go back to earlier trends, but let's face it, it's not going to happen...

We live in an age of People Carriers and Jeeps...

Let's just hope it's only a passing phase and we'll live to see the return of sportier obsessions.

Oh, harsh words!

The LF-A (concept 200mph sports cars shown at Detroit Show this January) highly likely to be a real car, more than very likely to be badged a Lexus.

Why?

Well, $100,000 cars more suited to a Lexus dealer network.

As for MR2 and Celica they are now six years old and will not meet the Euro4 emission regs that come into force in 2006. We sell relatively few of them so it is simply not worth the cost of re-engineering the engines to pass. Debatable if mass market sports cars have a future (i.e. the success of Audi TT (not a VW you'll notice) might mean a Lexus coupe might be a bigger seller than a similarly priced new Celica, for example).

Another boring but important fact is the need to hit an average CO2 output of 140g/km. That means we need to be selling loads of Aygos to sell a few Land Cruisers. Sports cars don't help much - but then with the new hybrids redefineing what a sports car might be who knows. I hear the new GS450h due next year is BMW M5 quick.

Plus making money by selling cars people want rather than what Ford and GM do is pretty exciting from my (and my pension's) viewpoint!

All non-expensive modern cars are boring these days anyway, well except that Holden/Vaux. :P

Modern car design is just poor, everything looks the same. It makes me ill.

Thats why I'm never selling my car.

God I'm a bit upset.

Go im sick of hearing about a new supra.... :rolleyes:

The supra died when they decided to fit sea monkey headlights and an overly large boot handle.......

Was the mk4 not the most powerful, most modern, best handling and biggest selling of all the supras? ;) :lol:

Plus making money by selling cars people want rather than what Ford and GM do is pretty exciting from my (and my pension's) viewpoint!

But not very, for us 20-somethings who have a bit of wedge to spend on a car ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links