Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Superstrut Advice.

GT4 BOOSTER

ok guys i bought a figure of 8 to fit on the faff, took off the plate from the hub and both camber arm ball joints have loads of play also the strut ball joint has lots of movement , not up and down but very loose not stiff.i am wondering are the ball joints that go into the steering plate on the hub meant to have free play or are meant to be very very hard to move, before i spend £ 500 on replacements, cheers .

ok i went mad on the visa and called tcb and ordered the lot :crybaby::crybaby:

Gosh (Swear filter dont like blasphemy)..... Thats gotta hurt. :( At least you`ll know it`s going to be right. Or as right as a 205 can be. :lol::lol::thumbsup:

I would`ve thought that there shouldn`t be any free play in a ball joint. As this is going to increase wear rate tremendously. :thumbsup:

that lot on my visa sure is making my ball joints knock . :lol:

as right as it can be for another 67.000 miles of st185 thrashing. :thumbsup::yes:

all the horses you'll ever need in a can.

Dog food then. :lol: :P :thumbsup:

damn thats one hefty handbag you just threw over ,,,that i have no reply too. :lol::lol::lol:

damn thats one hefty handbag you just threw over ,,,that i have no reply too. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I borrowed Shirleghs` :lol: And it was a cheap shot cos i know your right. :P :thumbsup:

well its all done in the pesshing down rain too ,took me 2 hours , changed the camber arm 1 also the figure of 8 link arm , total cost of £ 336 and there is another arm to change if i desire at a cost of £ 155 , oh and a ball joint in the strut , at £ 45 , times this by 2 if i do the passenger side and its pretty damned expensive for what you get for the money , then there is the labour if ur no good with motors.but the sun is now shining and i'm a smiling because the knocking i had has gone whooo hooo praise the lord of all toyota holyness :lol::lol:

well its all done in the pesshing down rain too ,took me 2 hours , changed the camber arm 1 also the figure of 8 link arm , total cost of £ 336 and there is another arm to change if i desire at a cost of £ 155 , oh and a ball joint in the strut , at £ 45 , times this by 2 if i do the passenger side and its pretty damned expensive for what you get for the money , then there is the labour if ur no good with motors.but the sun is now shining and i'm a smiling because the knocking i had has gone whooo hooo praise the lord of all toyota holyness  :lol:  :lol:

Well done chap. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cheers martin. the north east roads are plus 1 st205 back on the roads - quality

Well done mate, got all this to look forward to on mine at some point  :blink:

Well you could always rip it off and replace it with standard suspension - just like the Toyota works rally team did. ;)

Yeh thats what i was thinking, would be a too hard of a job for me to do myself, have to get someone to do it, would i need any extra bits for the figure of eight joint thing or would normal suspension just sit on that?

ive found a standard suspension kit for my car from a breakers its off a 98 R reg model will this fit my 93 L

while doing this may be ok on a st202 with small brakes.and not so much power as the st205 . my thinking is that its much needed on the st205 as the handling and tightness of the motor overall with superstrut outshines that of mcphearson wobbly struts.

yes ian it will fit , you will need the hubs , possibly brakes , also possibly a new steering rack also or at least the ends that connect to the hub .?????????

no it wont sit on the fig 8 position , those struts are totally different and would have to be removed , superstrut parts last between 60 to 80 k , and the part prices are dropping .i just did all 3 parts on the drivers side , at a cost of £ 491 , if your car aint knocking dont worry.but standard suspension on the st202 is more than ample.

:wacko::wacko: I have superstrut in my corolla from a levin I had the knocking sound about 6 months ago I needed the same parts replaced that the goes in the GT4. Looks like on all models that have the superstrut suspenstion GT4/Levin the knocking happens after 60k ish miles, cost me 450 parts and labour to get done.

I was told by Fensport that the Gt4 and the levin's suspension was the same.... it's not I did not find this out until I got the parts from them!!! :censor: tards.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links