Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 190

Crisis

Hey

Im looking at the Gen 7 190 Celica. The only thing Im not too kean on is the low torque. So Im trying to find ways to get it upto 200lb/Feet or as close as i can get to that. Noticed they dont do Turbos for it, but Blitz do a supercharger bringing it upto 240BHP, but Im not sure what torque boost it gives.

Just wondering what potential it has in the Torque depo.

Well actually there is a TURBO available for the Celica - It aint cheap but it may do the job.

:thumbsup:

3500 euros, not bad.

Was that the car that was at Japfest for sale that purple celica? Seems like it.

I know a Blitz Supercharged 190 will run at 300bhp on stock internals an i also hear its rather rapid ;)

Didn't think they did a charger for the 190 .. only the 140 ..

I know a Blitz Supercharged 190 will run at 300bhp on stock internals an i also hear its rather rapid  ;)

That just a Supercharged 190 running at 300bhp with a Blitz superchager? Or more bits and pieces?

Didn't think they did a charger for the 190 .. only the 140 ..

Was deffo a 190, most people supercharge the 140 and end up with approx 200bhp. This company supercharged the 190 and they were saying it was running 300bhp on stock internals. I cant remember who's it was but i was looking at it at JAE once. Cant remember if it was last year or the year before (because i was drunk :lol: )

I know a Blitz Supercharged 190 will run at 300bhp on stock internals an i also hear its rather rapid  ;)

That just a Supercharged 190 running at 300bhp with a Blitz superchager? Or more bits and pieces?

Your always going to need more than just the supercharger kit. For a start you need to fuel the extra approx 40% power increase. So bigger fuel pump, larger injectors. Remapping using a motec probably.

Here is an old post i found with info on it :thumbsup:

click

Bubba over on TOC! has a Turbo'd 140 and it's gorgeous. :thumbsup:

this is a subject i'm very interested in.

Ive seen, know in a club capacity and chat with guys who have supercharged and turbo'd the 140.

but the 190 is a different kettle of fish, because of the lift at around 6K in the power band.

the main question is not about the block, its all in the head.

think about the following and fill in my gaps, because i'm not an expert on the vvtli and an merely putting questionbs across to further my understanding in general;

if you give the car forced induction, power within the power band will be raised and you will hit lift far sooner.

speculate that your giving it XX psi of boost, and the lift kicks in a 4,750 instead, if you maintain that to say 6,500 rpm (with sufficient mapping, injector, fuel rail and inlet supporting mods) what will the head do - will it support it?

to get more lower torque from the 190 engine means spending a hell of a lot of money because its a high revving motor with power later on, like a motorcycle engine, which is its design base.

turning it into a low down torque motor can be done, anything can be done, but to get dramatic results negates its in built design charachteristics.

some engines just arent susposed to have the power band tampered with 'too' much.

i'm no 190 expert, but general principals can be applied to a point - and I stop at that point to be shown the way.

innevitably people are gonna start thinking of ways to change 190 peformance, and no doubt people will start to do it.

so time will tell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links