Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Camera Detector

lewis23285

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got an Inforad detector? Click Here! I'm thinking of getting one tomorrow from Woolworths, they're only £80.

Anybody have any experience if they're good or bad?

Lewis

PS I'll write a review tomorrow evening, as long as nobody tells me they're absolute crap!!

No fun in that Em... :ph34r:

also £ 50 for lifelong updates , or £24-99 a year .its not all about speeding , its sometimes going to a strange area where accident blackspots are also alerted to the driver, well my snooper s3 helps me.

graham has one, im sure he'll be along soon to comment :)

Bless, iv been remembered!

Ay, iv got one... it's a grand piece of equipment. Only reason i got it was for some travelling i'll be doing this year up scotland way and various other places and i don't know where the scamera's are.... one's near bruntingthorpe where sneaky little 'uns!

It's great for £80... you can set the distances for your alerts and stuff, so it's always pretty accurate. Only problem with it is that it beeps when you're within, say 200 yards of a camera, whether it's on your road or an under/over pass or parallel road, so if it's a dodgy area, then it can be a bit unnerving!

It's very good for the money though and the updates are a bargain... £25 a year or £40 for life if you pay in first month of getting it.

If you plug it into your PDA or laptop, it works as a GPS sat-nav receiver too!

It's a cheap, simple, effective way of avoiding some of these ever increasing scamera's!

don't bother save ya money.

Will be redundant in a few years anyway when we are all spied on by big bruv.

Speed camera's will be obsolete...they will know how far we have gone...on what roads..and how long it took!!

aye..and don't speed...fun for who..the little kid you run over?

Yeah, all they wee kids running about on B-roads is getting out of hand! ;)

No fun in that Em... :ph34r:

Yes yes - I know, I'm just stating the blatantly obvious as per usual! :lol:

I'm no angel! I just dont believe in spending money on a gadget when you can just lift your foot off the accelarator slightly!

Hi All,

I bought the unit this afternoon, and....... I'm taking it back tomorrow morning. I installed it and took the car for a "test" drive, it constantly picked up zones where there were no real cameras. Which obviously is very :ffs:

The other reason, why its going back is that, to be honest it just looks crap. I couldn't find a decent place to put it, and the wire that it comes with to connect cig lighter to unit, is the same as pc to unit, so a stealth installation is pretty much impossible.

So, overall my verdict is :censor: useless.

Lewis

PS whilst i do try not to speed, i do a lot of m-way driving and a-roads where I don't know the area, and sometimes my nippy light little yaris ( :D ) decides to go a bit fast (that's right, its the car's fault, not mine!)

Hi All,

I bought the unit this afternoon, and.......  I'm taking it back tomorrow morning. I installed it and took the car for a "test" drive, it constantly picked up zones where there were no real cameras. Which obviously is very  :ffs:

The other reason, why its going back is that, to be honest it just looks crap. I couldn't find a decent place to put it, and the wire that it comes with to connect cig lighter to unit, is the same as pc to unit, so a stealth installation is pretty much impossible.

So, overall my verdict is  :censor:  useless.

Lewis

PS  whilst i do try not to speed, i do a lot of m-way driving and a-roads where I don't know the area, and sometimes my nippy light little yaris ( :D ) decides to go a bit fast (that's right, its the car's fault, not mine!)

That stuff annoys me, but to solve those problems you have to pay £300 for the unit and £100 per year to keep it running. Even then, the alerts will be the same... it's still the same GPS database.

Isnt that a bit crap, im sure that my uncle had a snooper bout year or two ago and that works in real time, so it can detect mobile police camera as well as fixed ones.

im sure most now are working by gps, so if theres a mobile police vehicle the gps wont pick it up, similar if it moves you will have to update th locations database.

i may be wrong but id rather buy a real time one than a gps one.

think he said it was £200 odd

By real time i guess you mean laser detection.... they are what's known as a waste of money. Unfortunatley... the radar/laser detection will be made illegal by the end of the year (probably) plus, the newer radar guns that police use are far more accurate and give off little scatter, therefore your detector won't pick it up as they point it at your license plate.

The radar detection (working on K/Ka band) is helpful for mobile units, but if you drive through a town or down any busy street, the following will set it off:

Traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, Automatic Shop doors, Some radio's and i think weather and polluction stations set if off too.

You can tone down these settings, but it makes it less accurate when you need it.

Plus, for me, the reason i got one is to try and avoid scamera's.... by that i mean one's that are on very safe roads with stupid speed limits and are usually hidden.

If i get caught by a mobile unit or traffic cop, then i deserve to be caught as i have been speeding and the traffic cars are in sensible places most of the time. The Gatso's and all other scamera's are hateful things that are in stupid places designed to make money out of decent honest motorists. This is why i have a GPS one.. it tells you where they are.

:yes:

Mine does both - doesn't mean it isn't a pain in the bum (or worth all my money <_< ) though...

A

don't do what my Dad did - he got a snooper, which simply plugs into the cigarette lighter and hooks onto a suction pad on the windscreen. He's got the pads in the Fiesta and the Van but forgot to put it in the car and got done speeding - Sp30. 3 points and a £60 fine! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links