Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Japshow Today - 19/6/05

System~G

Just got back from a really good day.

Did the usual of meeting up with old faces and a few new B) Where did everybody dissappear to? I got back to my car to find a handful of cars left so thought I'd move across to MR2OC :unsure:

Some pretty good track times were put in despite the hot weather.

Gutting moment of the day was seeing the Jet car crash into the wall at well over 100mph

I heard the driver was OK so least that's a positive result. I saw the shards of what was left of the car in their marquee a while after the crash, and can say it wasn't much

Does anyone know how/why it happened? Any videos uploaded yet?

The que getting out was far worse than getting in. but least it still didn't spoil a good day

Are you talking about the Funny jet car, flame throwing thing?????? :( How did it crash?

They have done that run a million times what went sooooo very wrong? :crybaby:

Are you talking about the Funny jet car, flame throwing thing?????? :( How did it crash?

Not quite what I'd call a funny car, but this one:

gallery_1599_33_1119123475.jpg

:(

ohhhhh noooo im gutted, that is really tragic....... it must have happened as we were going back down the hill :( :crybaby::crybaby: I am glad that the driver is ok I had a chat with him earlier that day :)

what time was that garrick?

we did not leave till around 4ish...thought you'd gone as there was only me,richard k and ken left when we came back from our walkys!!

Thats awful - I'm glad the drivers ok - its sounds horrific..... :(

Glad everyone had a good day though!

we did not leave till around 4ish...thought you'd gone as there was only me,richard k and ken left when we came back from our walkys!!

Sorry I had to leave before noon in order to get back for a family lunch in Marlow---it's Father's Day of course.

Lunch wasn't sorted until a few days ago, but of course it is poor form not to show up for a TOC convoy! :thumbsup:

Still, enjoyed my few hours in the sun! Richard, don't you have some pictures for me? :D :D :D

Cheers

Paul.

what time was that garrick?

I moved my car before the crash. The only cars left on the stand were you, Ken, Rich and bluepaseo. I saw bluepaseo (sorry dude forgot your name already, I'm really bad that way :rolleyes: ) just as I was moving my car.

The crash must have happened shortly after 4pm.

I have just read on MR2OC that speed of impact was something like 250mph :eek: And that the only injury the driver had was abroken finger. So very lucky on his part I'd say B)

I have just read on MR2OC that speed of impact was something like 250mph :eek: And that the only injury the driver had was abroken finger. So very lucky on his part I'd say B)

Thats "More than lucky" ;)

I saw it too, seem to me that as soon a shoot released the car jolted more than norm and something broke or there was a over correction for the twich cause by shoot.

Car then smash into the wall and boy it looked bad driver went to hospital but told by stuards that collected fiber glass bits he's ok!

but who knows for sure how bad he was?

just phoned a mate and the same is being said on his forum..lets hope the geeer is fine and the "motor" is running soon again!...man that thing shifts!!! :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links