Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Bit Of Help Needed

yaris_girl

Ok so last night the cars alarm went off - although there was nobody around. I went inside the car and noticed that at the passengers side, hanging under the glove compartment there was a wire hanging, with a black box attached to it. Now im assuming this is something connected to the actual alarm and the motion of it falling set the thing off. It's the 2nd time this has happened, and re-sticking the box to the underside of the glove box doesnt seem to work.

Should i take it back to the garage and get them to fix it properly? I dont like the idea of it falling off at any time and setting the alarm off - especially if its in a car park somewhere.

If it's still under warranty or you've recentyl purchased it from Mr T would defo take it back to the garage as you don't really want to start playing with the alarm to find it not working at all :)

Of course if it's under warranty it'll be fixed for free, if not at least you can get a quote for the work involved :D

If it's still under warranty or you've recentyl purchased it from Mr T would defo take it back to the garage as you don't really want to start playing with the alarm to find it not working at all :)

Of course if it's under warranty it'll be fixed for free, if not at least you can get a quote for the work involved :D

It's brand new, just got it this month.

I just wanted to make sure it was something that warranted taking it to them - and not something i could fix myself. :thumbsup:

If it's under warranty and brand new I would take it back to them for everything that your not happy with no matter how small, that way if you have any repercussions later on they will have a full history of what has happened on the car and there is less chance you'll have to fork out once it's out of warranty. It can be a PITA with a lot of dealers being about as useful as a sponge in a desert but it's the best way to keep on top of things :D

rhaines is right - doesnt matter what it is - take it back to Yota - thats what your warranty's there for hun! :thumbsup:

I would imagine that yesterday's extreme heat has caused the glue holding the box in place to melt allowing the box to fall into view.

I would imagine that yesterday's extreme heat has caused the glue holding the box in place to melt allowing the box to fall into view.

Extreme heat? None here im afraid. :(

I'll take it to the garage anyway and see what they say. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links