Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermath To My Leaking T-sport

ferrariboyuk

Some of you may have read my thread about my t sport leaking water slightly from the top of the front doors (cloth soaking it up from somewhere).

Took it into toyota at chelmsford today and they ended saying they cant find a fault and there's nothing they can do.

I learnt in my last thread that this happens occasionaly and rubber seals need replacing.

Are toyota just trying to aviod fitting new seals under warranty? Or is my leak genuinely not related to dodgy seals.

Cheers

Have you suggested to them that the seals might be defective?

No, i was wondering if i should but just said i'll wait till it happens again and bring it in.

Funny thing is, they had the washer on it and they said they can't see any signs of it leaking.... that kind of stalled me from saying anything.

That meant they had to wash it! I dont let other people wash my car! When i have it serviced i ask them not to!

Oh yeah, and the man who dealt with me had the cheek to say we are not charging you for anything because we didn't actually need to do anything.

er, its brand new and has a little thing called a warranty!

And my booking wasn;t actually acknowledged on the day i booked it so they were't expecting me.

Looks like i;m in for another bad time in yet another Mr T in essex. :crybaby:

I had them ring up while it was in for a warranty job and say they were saving me labour... "No you ain't sunshine, its under warranty"

They replied with "Sales never told us that"

Fools! And they say all dealers are good for is warranty and genuine parts! :ph34r:

You need to move to Leicester! lol :lol:

But seriously, I dont think that they should belittle you like that - you take it in for a fault and they say it doesnt have one - why else would you bring it in - for a laugh?

Is there any other Mr T in the area you can take it to instead? You Essex guys dont have very good luck with Toyota branches! :group-cuddles:

Is there any other Mr T in the area you can take it to instead? You Essex guys dont have very good luck with Toyota branches!  :group-cuddles:

I'm sure I heard somewhere (on here I think) that Hills of Bishops Stortford were good? A bit far out tho... :unsure:

I've not had to take the Blue back to Rayleigh yet, the problem with the whistling wing mirrors was fixed today by Yves and that was the only think I was gonna go back for. Definately don't go to Romford, but I spose I don't need to remind you of that :P :P

Not only do i hate my lying dealer.... they hate me! Last time i was in, one guy avoided me! I tried to smile and say hello... he turned and walked very quickly! Right spineless git he is... they knackered my locking wheel nuts so i srgued for them free... he was like a lost boy and he lied to me TWICE to my face! I hate how they lie to people. Most people havn't a clue and these people just tell them anything and get all the money. Does my head in!

Not only do i hate my lying dealer.... they hate me! Last time i was in, one guy avoided me! I tried to smile and say hello... he turned and walked very quickly! Right spineless git he is... they knackered my locking wheel nuts so i srgued for them free... he was like a lost boy and he lied to me TWICE to my face! I hate how they lie to people. Most people havn't a clue and these people just tell them anything and get all the money. Does my head in!

Isn't that what trading standards is for?!?! Maybe we should all right a letter!

Romford lied to me all the time and they are rip offs! Thats why i didn;t want to get the T-sport from them. Only good thing is that they replaced an alloy wheel which they damaged because it wouldn't come off. One of the locking nuts was stuck. They blamed it on who ever put the wheel back on (i.e not toyota) but i was thinking.... 'it was you ya muppet!'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links