Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Led Sidelight

supafly

Ok, im know coloured LED sidelights are illegal to use on the road. But what will the police do if they catch you with them?

I took my blue ones out last night because i got paranoid of being stopped. :unsure:

Thanks

Dont know, I always wondered about that, I thought you could not show a blue light at all but now u see them regularly.

Wonder if anyone has been pulled by the T-cops and told?

I rn white LEd side lights.. had no problems with MOTs or anything....

Someone posted a Site yesterday:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38501

It has all the rules etc and lots of q's and a's

It says any light on the front of the car must be white, any light on the side must be white or amber and any light on the rear must be red (except reverse light cause then it's sort of the front(ish - well maybe :wacko: )

So basically it's a 3 point endorsment on your licence for having an unroadworthy vehicle. If you get a nice cop you'll just get a notice to rectify and bring your vehicle to the station within 7 days. This goes for neons under the car and any lights inside the car which can be seen outside the car, ie if you have blue footwells and a copper can see it then you can get done. Also LED washer jets are illegal unless they are white.

Having said all that I've never knwon anyone get done for it! Although I've known a couple of people who have been done for driving with fog lights on both got 3 points. One person was in the day and one was at night. The one at night claimed that he couldn't see more than 100 yards cause he couldn't see the trees over the road because it was dark so he should be allowed them on - the copper pointed in the sky and said what's that? The lad said the Moon, so he booked him cause he could see 250,000 miles away!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links