Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Free Mp3 Ringtones

Demonic Angel

Does anyone know where to get MP3 ringtones from that dont cost the earth (well free actually! lol)

I have loads of MP3s on my PC at home and we sent the Black Eyed Peas "Dont phunk with my heart" to my phone as a ringtone but the intro on the album version is so long that it stops ringing before the singing comes on!

All the places I've found are charging like £2.50 per tone.

Just got my brand new Samsung D500 - its brilliant, but seriously lacking in decent ringtones!

download mp3 songs via a program like emule. get a bluetooth adapter for ur computer (bout £20) and then send the songs via bluetooth to ur phone which is free

u can also use the adapter for sending pics and vids from your phone to computer

Jay

Jay, her problem isnt getting the songs to the phone, its the actual songs..

and yeah Em, i'd reccomend converting them to .Wav files (with, say MP3 ripper) editing them to what you want, then converting back to MP3...

i kno, i discussed that

and yeah Em, i'd reccomend converting them to .Wav files (with, say MP3 ripper) editing them to what you want, then converting back to MP3...

Why would you convert them to a wav file? Just seems to be an extra step, it does let you use Windows Sound Recorder to trim them though! A decent sound editor will have crop and trim functions which will work straight on an MP3, you could even use the smae software to compress the file further to reduce space.

I've got the Orange c500 and have cut the best bits out of many Mp3's to use as Ringtones.

MP3's always seem more embarrassing as ringtones when you are in Public though :ph34r:

mainly because I use MP3 ripper to convert to MP3 - so my method goes via wav already.

If there is a good editing suite for MP3's, of course that would be easier...

download mp3 songs via a program like emule. get a bluetooth adapter for ur computer (bout £20) and then send the songs via bluetooth to ur phone which is free

u can also use the adapter for sending pics and vids from your phone to computer

Jay

I already have a bluetooth dongle and I have plenty of MP3s on my PC but I just need ones that dont contain any intros! lol

Wont changing them to WAV and back to MP3 distort the sound?

Sony sound forge. Will edit mp3s, oggs, wavs. you name it, it will edit!

Where do you get that from then Ross?

Technically changing an MP3 to a WAV and back again would lose a slight amount of quality, but you are going to be playing it through a crappy little phone speaker so it wouldn't matter!

Sony Sound Forge is Very good but also quite expensive at $300. You can download a trial at:

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/download/...2487&SerialNum=

(36MB)

Not sure if it is restriced though - I'll have a look to see if I can see anything Free that's worth trying :thumbsup:

hey em, i had a quick go with my method - editing is useless as I had to use sound recorder...

I know there is a windows program where you can fade in and out etc, but i couldnt find it.. anyone want to help...

anyway, just to see if the quality is any good...

version 1

version 2

I asked a similar question about mp3 trimming software a short while back. Sound Forge is brilliant but the trial software only allows you to trim 30 mp3s so you have to learn how to use it pretty quickly and then chose your tracks carefully!

I've tried some of the free software too but not found one that allows much precision in what you trim. One went up in 1 second steps. That's an age in music!

Sorry guys - I went out last night and didnt have a chance to try anything and then my PC went toots up as I was trying to re-install The Sims 2 so I was on the phone to EA Technical Support for ages and then I went round my mates to chill!

I will try tonight and report back!!

Although if anyone can help with game install problem too it'd be muchly appreciated cause EA are pants!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links