Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Bombings

gordypix

I warned you less than 15 minutes ago.

This sort of mindless bigotory has no place in our society, and it will not be permitted on these forums.

Your membership has been suspended for 14 days.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sotal

• Moffmo

• Fidgits

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's wrong that such a minority should carry out these acts and claim they are representative of a particular and significant group of world citizens. The vast majority are peace loving and simply wish to get on with their lives; and like us, they know this is wrong because they are the same as us.

In some ways I understand that, let's face it, we, or more precisely our governments, have undertaken similar or worse over the centuries and also in recent years, and we have been responsible for a great deal of misery and perhaps more significantly impeded a democratic voice in certain regions for our own gain. This has meant that, to some, actions like these are the only voice they have. Shades of grey, no black and white, no ultimate good guy and bad guy. But this is not the answer and it simply brings out the worst in everyone and false justification for further violence.

To me, it's important that rather than condemn any particular group of people, we simply agree that these are horrid and intolerable acts and that we will give those who commit them no support, no safe harbour and certainly no honour. The catch is that we have to stop commiting such acts ourselves -- shades of grey -- and then we can all agree, have one voice and crack down on this behaviour from the start.

Don't get me wrong. I find it very upsetting that such devastation can be caused on so many levels, from the victims and their relatives and in the way our delusions of security have been shattered in the aftermath. If we knew the half of it and what was possible we'd be feeling rather less secure than we are right now. I wish it all to stop. I suppose my message is that I want it all to stop for everyone of us, wherever and whomever we may be. Education and communication -- it has to be the way.

:( My heart goes out to the people that lost people in this.

Took me 3 hours to get hold of my brother and his girlfriend, I was frantic and thank whoever he will live even tho hes in a bit of a mess and is messed up.

Times like these make you realise how much family mean to you :group-cuddles:

I have my Nan and Uncle and many cousins in London were not that close any more as a family, but I cant get through to see if there ok :unsure: :(

What a day, took me until about 12 to get hold of my father who turned out to be in Liverpool St. yesterday due to lack of phone coverage. Luckily it wasn't today as he would have been at Kings Cross....

Unfortunately there are muppets out there who will try and disrupt things with no thought of human life. This has nothing to do with immigrants, foreigners or race, as we saw one of the bombs was in a mainly muslim area, the bombings were to do with killing as many as possible whoever they were and disrupting the capital s much as possible.

I feel for all those effected, especially for those who died, I know how concerned all of my family were for my fathers safety, luckily no injuries for us...

can we campaign to get Marc (GT4 Booster) reinstated?? He really contributes well in the Celica Forums and is an asset to this website

Although I do agree with Matt that he was warned - I just think the punishment is a little harsh :thumbsup:

can we campaign to get Marc (GT4 Booster) reinstated?? He really contributes well in the Celica Forums and is an asset to this website

Ditto. Free the Geordie one. :thumbsup:

I warned you less than 15 minutes ago.

This sort of mindless bigotory has no place in our society, and it will not be permitted on these forums.

Your membership has been suspended for 14 days.

I'm not about to argue with the outcome---it's up to the moderators to call the shots---but Matt you are going to cop a bullet here for your Dirty Harry attitude.

Don't you think it would be better to politely inform transgressors that they have overstepped the mark, rather than fanning the flames by adding further abuse?

You have a history of confrontational and unnecessarily aggressive "law and order" posts, and as a paying customer I've about had enough of it.

TOC meetings are always characterised by friendly and accommodating organisers at all levels and we could use a bit more of that attitude on the forum.

Be polite in future! (after all, other mods don't seem to have a problem ...)

Paul.

I disagree, I feel that he had every right to take the action that he did, the comments that were made were no good to anybody, I know that emotions are still very raw from this terrible tragedy but saying every foreign person should be kicked out of the country just because of the actions of a tiny, tiny minority is out of order, and to say that no British people kill each other is complete :censor: .

I dont mean to get political but I felt this needed to be said, mods are there for a reason & if they feel that somebody posts a message that could offend people they have the right to take action & thats what Matt's done imo.

Rant over anyway, back to this topic:

I dont know anybody in London, I've never even been yet, but this isnt a tragedy for London, not even England or Great Britain, but for the whole world & I feel deeply sorry for anybody who knows anybody in the area. I dont know what these evil people are trying to achieve but all its done is make me feel more proud to be English & more determined not to let these :censor: change my life in any way, shape or form.

Years ago I would have thought about changing my life to reduce the risks, but why the :censor: should I? I go to watch Everton a lot & there are often 35-40,000 people all leaving the ground at the same time, and, God forbid, if any1 targetted us it would cause drastic damage, but there's no way in God's name that I'm going to stop doing something I enjoy just because there is a chance these evil people might attack me.

I'd rather live my life the way I want to & risk getting attacked than have some evil people dictate to me how I should live.

Once more though, my thoughts are with people who know anybody directly affected

Kev

[And again]

Paul.

Edited by PaulT

I'm a bit stuck as to what to agree with!

I disagree with the comment that Marc made and he was warned which was very fair of Matt. So I can't really argue, it just seems a shame to lose Marc from all of the forums for 2 weeks. Maybe a partial ban could be used banning him from the general foums??

I just found out that one of the people I work with her cousin was killed yesterday in the bombings....

I disagree, I feel that he had every right to take the action that he did ...

You've missed the point. I don't have any problem about whether or not to take action, but I do have a problem with how it is done.

Moderators are the TOC representatives on the forums and they should conduct themselves accordingly.

Paul.

I dont mean to sound like I'm having a go or anything, just curious, how would you have took action?

Latest descraceful news :angry:

Some hotels in London thought it was 'clever' to put up the overnight charges due to requirement of public who could not get home.

One Hotel whos rate is normally £80 a night jumped there rate up to £250 a night.

This sort of atitude is a desgrace when making money out of misery.

I dont mean to sound like I'm having a go or anything, just curious, how would you have took action?

Can I just say, who cares?!

There are more important things going on in life than someone getting suspended for an internet forum. People have lost their lives or had you forgotten that.....

Some hotels in London thought it was 'clever' to put up the overnight charges due to requirement of public who could not get home.

One Hotel whos rate is normally £80 a night jumped there rate up to £250 a night.

agreed

That is :censor: shocking - they should be fined for that :ffs:

There are more important things going on in life than someone getting suspended for an internet forum. People have lost their lives or had you forgotten that.....

Agreed :thumbsup:

I agree with your point but suggesting that I'd forgot about the victims of this tragedy is harsh, I think my 1st post in this topic shows that I care enormously about this subject

I agree with your point but suggesting that I'd forgot about the victims of this tragedy is harsh, I think my 1st post in this topic shows that I care enormously about this subject

That comment was not just aimed at you, but at everyone who seems to care more about someone on here than all the hundreds of people hurt in yesterdays bombings.

Sorry if you thought it was only aimed at you.

I disagree, I feel that he had every right to take the action that he did ...

You've missed the point. I don't have any problem about whether or not to take action, but I do have a problem with how it is done.

Moderators are the TOC representatives on the forums and they should conduct themselves accordingly.

Paul.

Same as in the work place. Two verbal warnings one written and then out the door. If we all worked for bosses that booted you out because of one mistake we`d all be unemployed. :thumbsup:

I just found out that one of the people I work with her cousin was killed yesterday in the bombings....

thats auful........ god knows how she must feel :(

AND CAN WE KEEP THE BLODDY PETTY ARGUEMENTS OFF THIS THREAD! its nor the time or the place. if you have a problem with matts actions pm him. even though he was right! :censor: :ffs:

Thats an absolute disgrace, it reminds me about a story that Starbucks were charging aid workers extortionate amount for bottles of water to give to injured people after the September 11th attacks, I really hope it wasnt true

KEEP THE BLODDY PETTY ARGUEMENTS OFF THIS THREAD! :censor: :ffs:

I agree! The first quote got brushed over for stupid squabbles :group-cuddles:

Lets get a grip people? :rolleyes:

We as a nation are mourning the loss of fellow countrymen and possibly a few foreign visitors?? We all think, quite rightly that it`s truly terrible & shocking. But when was the last time a thread was opened about the almost daily occurence of loss of life and limb in Iraq or Israel or Palestine or countless African nations... See my point here. Because it`s on our doorstep and not buried in the middle of a newspaper we`re finally made to realise that this is ithe real world of terror and heartbreak.

And all we can do is squabble like silly schoolchildren. (I include myself in this and appologise for my thoughtlessness) :(

That comment was not just aimed at you, but at everyone who seems to care more about someone on here than all the hundreds of people hurt in yesterdays bombings.

Sorry if you thought it was only aimed at you.

Ok, if thats how it seems then it shouldnt, its about as far from how I feel as you can possibly get, but I agree with earpl, lets stop these stupid petty arguements as of now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links