Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ynew Yaris With Rust And Corrosion

hcrobinson

w reg????? tsport????

Nooo sily Chris!

His T-Sport is brand new, he has an older Yaris which is W reg (not a T-Sport! lol)

Pay attention in class! :lol::lol:

w reg????? tsport????

My gold W reg 1.0 gls has rust.

My new 05 reg ts has scratches. from toyota?

My new 05 reg ts has scratches. from toyota?

When we saw my old T3 at Toyota (on the Forecourt for sale obviously) she had a lot of scratches on the bonnet which werent there when I owned her, they werent vandalism scratches but you could tell they were there so they must've been caused by Toyota.

Some were caused by my doggie, i stopped my the roadside on my way home from the gym and she jumped up at the car. :ffs:

But there are some other suspect ones as well. When it was being looked at i went out of the seating area and watched outside from a distance. The bloke seemed to support himself against my paintwork with tools in his hand. How unthoughtfull!

my paint work is a mess. but it doesn't concern me :thumbsup:

God if you could bottle that feeling you'd make a fortune! :lol:

Must admit I worry too much about little nicks and scratches. :fear:

Will probably go over the car with a magnifying glass in my hols, touch up pen at the ready. :eek:

graham (seveer) was sayin "doesnt that bother you?"

no its all sh**s and giggles!

this was wiping cones out at 85mph at bruntingthorpe :P

Nearly all of the engine block is rusty, but its a vey old car (1999) so i spose its to be expected.

yarisengine.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

my paint work is a mess. but it doesn't concern me :thumbsup:

graham (seveer) was sayin "doesnt that bother you?"

no its all sh**s and giggles!

this was wiping cones out at 85mph at bruntingthorpe :P

I was just reading your first post... about to reply and say about brunters when you said it for me!

He really doesn't care... pretty handy quality really! I HATE scratches/dents/dings/imperfections... does my head in!!

Whereas our man chris flys round corner.... speed increases.... 80/85mph.... cone.... sod that, blat... bye bye cone.... never mind!

That just reminded me of what a great day brunters was (my neck is now brown from that, rather than the ruby red it went on the day!)

Must say that I have to agree with Chris on this one.

Steel by its composition will get a thin layer of corrosion if not protected from the atmosphere by a layer of paint or protective coating.

Whilst undesirable on a new car, unfortunately this is quite normal (especially on suspension components and exposed nuts and bolts).

If you are not entirely happy with your car you should however insist that Toyota carry out rectification and reprotection of the affected components.

However, this will not stop the parts from corroding in the future, corrosion is a natrual process and can only be "slowed down" by application of protection - never entirely stopped.

and............Graham what a great day was Bruntingthorpe :thumbsup:

Ahhh - the memories of Brunters.....

And Chris does think its all s**ts and giggles...... I was s**tting, he was giggling! :lol::lol::lol:

Why are people so bothered about cars???

they don't last for very long, and we worry over every little mark.

bet the owners houses probably havn't seen a lick of paint in years.

I don't give a monkeys, it gets me from A-B I am not going to spend an entire day cleaning and polishing her....total waste of time...better things to be doing.

and aye...it's steel...it will rust. to be honest cleaning it too much does more damage..especially for underneath. First thing I did was have the under side sprayed with oil I do with all cars..then I can forget about it.

Clean the engine..again why...better to be covered in a film of muck as it protects it.

We are always so bothered about keeping things clean..and it does more harm than good.

Vipes

Why are people so bothered about cars???

they don't last for very long, and we worry over every little mark.

bet the owners houses probably havn't seen a lick of paint in years.

I don't give a monkeys, it gets me from A-B I am not going to spend  an entire day cleaning and polishing her....total waste of time...better things to be doing.

and aye...it's steel...it will rust. to be honest cleaning it too much does more damage..especially for underneath. First thing I did was have the under side sprayed with oil I do with all cars..then I can forget about it.

Clean the engine..again why...better to be covered in a film of muck as it protects it.

We are always so bothered about keeping things clean..and it does more harm than good.

Vipes

I agree with not bothering with the underside, that doesn't matter... steel corrodes, it's meant to, learnt that years ago... but cleaning a car is a MUST.

Cleaning your car regularly, even if it's just a sponge down and rinse, will help to prevent build up of nasty substances on your paintwork such as bird poo, tree sap etc... these things damage the paint and stain it permanantly if left without cleaning... this can then lead to corrosion in the cars later life.

When you buy a car would you rather have a clean one, or one covered in bird sh*t and mud. I know what i and 99.99% of the british car buying public would want.

As for cleaning the engine bay, that isn't totally necessary, as mine was filthy until recently and it makes no difference, but again, a clean bay shows care has been taken of the car and it's re-sale values are better.

I don't know about anyone else, but the reason i clean my car to a high standard is because when i see it baked in sunlight, or in an underground car park with the flourescent lights beaming off it... it gleams like nothing else... it really is the shiniest car in the place!.... that gives me a sense of pride, a sense of achievement, that iv done something that looks sh*t hot!!

Also, im a car enthusiast and i love the look of a shiny car, i also LOVE my car, almost as much as my girlfriend, therefore, i treat it well... some may be puzzled by this, but il explain... it's MY car, even if it was worth 50p, it's MY car, MY pride and joy, MY money, MY transport, MY mother f**king car! And im gonna look after it no matter what, because its MINE!!

Somne may say im mad, and they'd be right, but the passion of a car, especially your own is the reason we people are members of a club! A passionate person locks there car and looks at it until it's out of view.... that's my thinking and nothing will change that!!

Clean YOUR damn car, it's YOURS, f**king enjoy it!!!

The Carlo Blue Crew are passionate about their cars :thumbsup:

LOL seveer. But to be honest I couldn't agree more. When you walk off towards the shops you can't but help keep on looking round to see your car in all its glory :)

I'd a few jars last niight, but it still holds true what i say! True passion indeed and why the hell not?!?!

I keep an eye on my motor as often as i can!

People dont understand when I say I love my car

"Why, its a bit of metal, stuck together, painted, which moves?"

True!

But I've learnt that its not just a heap of metal, its a heap of metal protecting the person inside. Karis did everything she could to protect me and in that respect I feel endebted to both my Yaris'.

I take care of her, she takes care of me - thats the deal we have! :thumbsup:

I was worse with my last car, getting narked about every little paint chip. I did become a dab hand with the touch up paint though! :thumbsup:

I was devastated when someone gave her a six inch or so scratch but a quote from Mr T of around £400 made me learn to live with it.

Not been as worried about this one and so far only found one paint chip which I can sort easily. There's a moral in there somewhere! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links