Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Amp And Sub To Standard Head Unit?

Toyotasalesman

Hey, does anyone know, before i rip the dash to peices, whether you can put an amp and Sub to s standard head unit on a 54 plate Tsport??

Any help would be appreciated!

cheers

hiya

thats what i have been trying to deduce. If the h/u has any pre or sub outs? I know toyota say (and others on the forum may have) an active sub can be connected to th h/u - so i say where are those sub out pins?!

Other wise what i am gonna do is using RCA converters (Halfords, any other ICE shop, ebay) and take the signal from the L and R front Speakers as my pre outs.

My next step is to put a 1 DIN sony mp3 h/u in the front console above the ash tray. This will run to the Speakers and a sub. The main toyota h/u will stay ( got full color sat nav) and will input into the sony.

I am holding off for abit to ensure there isnt any new info out there....

if u come across any, do let us know

thom

Hiya

I work at a Toyota dealership so tomo I'm gonna ask one of the Technitians to take one out for me and hopefully point in the right direction- was being impatient and thought i'd ask on here today.

Need to get the music going!!

As soon as i know mate i'll post back on here!! :thumbsup:

hiya

thats what i have been trying to deduce. If the h/u has any pre or sub outs? I know toyota say (and others on the forum may have) an active sub can be connected to th h/u - so i say where are those sub out pins?!

Other wise what i am gonna do is using RCA converters (halfords, any other ICE shop, ebay) and take the signal from the L and R front speakers as my pre outs.

My next step is to put a 1 DIN sony mp3 h/u in the front console above the ash tray. This will run to the speakers and a sub. The main toyota h/u will stay ( got full color sat nav) and will input into the sony.

I am holding off for abit to ensure there isnt any new info out there....

if u come across any, do let us know

thom

hey how about just run your sat nav Speakers output to small tiny set of tweeter's stick them somewhere in the front or or just one pioneer center speaker stick that in the middle of the dashreason lets face it you dont need 1000w's of power just to hear turn left,turn right,take third exit on the roundabout etc.....

then run your sony single din unit at the bottom empty compartment and connect all 6 of your Speakers to it no messing about with rca converter(they just dont sound correct)

then use rca from sony headunit add a amp or two or three :D and run subs,also you can turn off either of the unit when not in use(this is what you gonna do anyway)it will sound 100 times better and almost no messing about with the toyota sat-nav unit which lets be honest you dont really wrong to mess about with it too much.

ps:toyota active sub are crap i wouldn't pee on it if is on fire :D

i agree, toyota subs are PANTS!!! :lol:

But then i can say that, with what i got tucked away in my boot :D

yea T128

i had sort of considered doing that too - especially if as u say the RCA converters dont improve the output. I just didnt want to have too many controls all over the place. Still thanx for the advice and i will upload the pix's was it is done

I plan to use a pioneer active sub in the boot

later

montee try the pioneer pump they are not bad for they are

man-bing i have alway like your very own custom built boot area the time and effort and hard work you put in :thumbsup:

have you notice the corolla Battery is not very stereo friendly it seen to go flat quite quickly on my car,anyway i am going to replace with the powder stuff just wondering if you notice this problem since you have added amps and subs.

i have recently installed an amplifier on my CTS. I did that by using RCA converters. I also replaced all the Speakers but i did not use a sub. The result is ok, much better than the OEM amp/speakers.

The OEM source doesnt have a Sub pre amp outputs. The Toyota Sub uses the speaker high outputs with a crossover.

have you notice the corolla battery is not very stereo friendly it seen to go flat quite quickly on my car,anyway i am going to replace with  the powder stuff just wondering if you notice this problem since you have added amps and subs.

Surprisingly no, even though the amp is an 800W RMS lump, it works normally with the Battery. But then, if i am playing music, the car is always running the the background, just incase some like a flat Battery might happen :lol:

Sounds like you have a Battery issue there then, have it checked out, either with a battery test or checking the alternator to make sure it's pushing out enough power to charge the battery.

800rms :thumbsup: i run a 600 monoblock rms amp for the 12" kicker sub and a 200 rms amp for the other Speakers ,it shake's the corolla nicely but i want to be loud so i have decided to run a pair of kicker's :D

dont get me wrong i do run the engine when i play loud music otherwise the Battery will go flat in 5 minutes or less ,the Battery and alternator have been check it seens to be healthy and normal aslong i switch my toys off ,i am sure the standard Battery or the alternator or both just dont have enough juice for me to run all the equitments at peak ,i am suprise you dont have this problem anyway i will change the battery first to see how it goes.

PS: anychance you come round custom fit my boot for a few pints cheers :D

PS: anychance you come round custom fit my boot for a few pints cheers :D

Few pints... :lol: more like a few kegs, and then some :thumbsup:

ckapodistrias:

"The OEM source doesnt have a Sub pre amp outputs. The Toyota Sub uses the speaker high outputs with a crossover"

thanx - good to know this

T128 - thanx again for the advice! :thumbsup:

I ordered a front console fascia - so i will have a spare incase i need to go round toyota for headunit problems etc ;)

Once i get it its out with the carving tools...... Cant wait to set it up!

thom

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links