Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Cost's

bhinderharminder

Hi,

dose anyone know how much a service cost at Mr T, for a corolla E12 1.6.

1st year and a 3rd year service please.

Why don,t you phone a dealer and ask him and than phone another one to ask him to what the costs are

Why don,t you phone a dealer and ask him and than phone another one to ask him to what the costs are

Good thinking batman, wish i'de thought of that, lol

£127.21 for 1 year service on a TSport Corolla at Jemca, Edgware Road, London (even though the car's not a year old and only hitting 5,000miles I thought I'd get it done as I've just bought it)

mine is coming up to 1 year old? it has 2500 on the clock???

if i dont get it seviced will it make the waranty void????

mine is coming up to 1 year old?  it has 2500 on the clock???

if i dont get it seviced will it make the waranty void????

Well they advise 10,000miles or 1 year, but I'm not sure if it'll actually void the warranty.... Mine will be a year old in September and I'd prefer to change the oil every 5,000miles despite what Toyota say so I thought it best to get it done now!

if a toyota is still under warrenty and you do the service yourself using origional toyota parts dose this void the warrenty?

You MUST have the vehicle serviced whether it be 10k or 1 year. In the event of 2500 miles in 1 year it will still need servicing to keep the warranty working!

It is true however that you can have it serviced using Genuine Toyota parts and the warranty will be ok. I would suggest having it done by a skilled mechanic tho just in case.

A 10k service should cost no more than £100 unless you in London.

cheers , i do like working on my own car though

(cant wait till the warranty runs out)

You MUST have the vehicle serviced whether it be 10k or 1 year. In the event of 2500 miles in 1 year it will still need servicing to keep the warranty working!

It is true however that you can have it serviced using Genuine Toyota parts and the warranty will be ok. I would suggest having it done by a skilled mechanic tho just in case.

I specifically asked about this point when I bought my CTS.

The 2 main conditions that were told to me that were required to protect the warranty were:-

1 - Ensure only genuine Toyota parts are used - logical me thinks.

2 - Ensure the service is carried out at either a main dealer or a (UK) Vat registered garage - last bit seems illogical to me given that VAT registration is no guarantee as to the std. of workmanship, but I reckon they are assuming this level of turnover assures at least a basic level of competence...............how naive!!!

Well mine was in London yeah, so that's why it cost £127.21, but they charged me for cleaning the brakes even though I never asked for it to be done!!! I originally thought they had done that under warranty, but it seems the only part covered was skimming the disks!!! :angry:

Well mine was in London yeah, so that's why it cost £127.21, but they charged me for cleaning the brakes even though I never asked for it to be done!!! I originally thought they had done that under warranty, but it seems the only part covered was skimming the disks!!!  :angry:

You would think that if brakes required skimming then they would have cleaned them for free as part of that work. The problem that required the skimming would have caused the dust that needed to be cleaned off.

Well mine was in London yeah, so that's why it cost £127.21, but they charged me for cleaning the brakes even though I never asked for it to be done!!! I originally thought they had done that under warranty, but it seems the only part covered was skimming the disks!!!  :angry:

You would think that if brakes required skimming then they would have cleaned them for free as part of that work. The problem that required the skimming would have caused the dust that needed to be cleaned off.

Yeah well I plan to question that when the car is back next, as you'll see from my other posts I've not had the smoothest of times with Jemca Toyota in Edgware Road!!!

Hi,

It was worth asking the question here bhinderharminder. In my experience service costs vary so knowing what other Rolla owners have paid helps you know whether you're getting a good deal or not.

To get the best deal shop around. And don't forget to GO GOLD then ask if they will give a discount. We saved more than the cost of our gold membership on just one service on the Rolla! And if you need any extra work doing on top of the basic service or any other accessories you'll be quids in.

Yeah well I plan to question that when the car is back next, as you'll see from my other posts I've not had the smoothest of times with Jemca Toyota in Edgware Road!!!

I think you should. Don't forget - the dealer makes money out of warranty work; it's not like they're doing it as a favour.

And if you're not happy, then shop around; there must be other dealers in your area. We've used about 10 different Toyota dealers and most have been OK, though a couple were not so good. Luckily the best one we have found by far is just a few miles away from where we now live.

I have just had a service for my T3 by the trusty garage that has been servicing my cars for the past twenty years: Lube service £24.50 - Oil filter £4.65 - Engine oil £12.80 - 1 screen wash 55p - VAT £7.43 Total service £49.93. I call that a bargain from a highly thought of mechanic on the Isle of Wight.

The mechanic warned me of trouble ahead with the clutch, which is now being dealt with under the warranty with the main dealer.

Keith

Hi,

shop around the dealers toyota world charge £127 whilwe westlands in stourbride charge £101 for the same service. i use westlands as i can pop into merry hill while thay service car. well worth shopping around the main dealers it all depends on labour charges

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links