Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You Rate Mk2's Looks?

dawolf

If you want to talk about proper '!Removed!' hairdresses car lets say a little word about the MX5.

Ive got a mate who has one who thinks its the nutts, im always asking him if he will give me a trim, he doesnt get it :D

He doesnt like it when i raw past him in the MR2 either

But the MX5 is a great car to drive .. I've just got myself an S2000 and it's great.

Reasonable power out of a little 2.0 NA engine (247bhp), and the setup makes it great to drive. Something the stock MR2 NA wasn't.

I still remember being "done" my a Mondeo ST220 in my Rev1 NA .. defo a sheep in wolfs clothing.

But the MX5 is a great car to drive .. I've just got myself an S2000 and it's great.

Reasonable power out of a little 2.0 NA engine (247bhp), and the setup makes it great to drive. Something the stock MR2 NA wasn't.

Yep, great cars both of them. New Mazda looks great too, though a tad expensive for me at the present time.

S2000's engine is amazing - 247bhp out of an NA 2 litre is awesome, though like the Toyota VVTLi you have to give it some revs.

I'd heard a lot of stories about people spinning the S2K. Is there a real problem, or do you think that's going to be the case with any car putting that much power through the rear wheels?

Any car with that sort of power you have got to be careful that you dont spin it :yes:

jerry!!

The S2000 is a load easier to drive than the MR2 .. A lot more balanced and a load easier to get the back end out and control.

They had issues with the handling, but unlike Audi with the TT they didn't do a recall, it seems they just suggested driving proper.

The UK cars are 237 bhp I think, and the jap spec is 247 due to a smaller headgasket and therefore, more compression.

Not much happens before 5k rpm, Vtec is at about 6.5/7 .. and red line it just over 9k.

It's a load different to the MR2 Turbo .. it is all about keeping it in the power range, but I recon as an A->B car it's quicker. Double wishbones and 6 speed make it real good fun.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links