Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beat The Plod At There Own Game!

spotipus

hi ladies and gents and SOTOC :D

thinking of investing £20 in the drivers survival handbook has anyone got it and is it as good as it says on the tin :eek:

If you are talking about "The SAS Drivers Survival Handbook" by John "Lofty" Wiseman.........I have owned one for over 5 years. (First published 1997)

Its not a bad book .....but I did not pay £20 for it.

From memory I bought it from a cheapo bookshop for about a fiver (or less)

It has some good bits about defensive driving in it, but I really dont think the £20 spent would make you any better a driver as the information can be found in other publications.

The book is part of a three volume set, including SAS Survival Handbook and SAS Urban Survival Handbook written by (allegedly) an EX SAS man.

Save your money...................or look around the cheapo bookshops :thumbsup:

Didn't know they existed.......I'll have to check them out!

The only book i've got is the highway code!

Now how many have got a copy of that to hand?

I didn't know either...

I have two Highway Codes actually - one of my own and one that work gave everybody & it sits in the top of my 3 drawers at work...;)

I never actually bought 1 of those :rolleyes:

I (hopefully) learned all I need from the theory test book & my cycling proficiency

its a book written by an ex copper about ways to BEND the law in your favour supposedly gives examples of what to do if stoppped by police .

gives insights into ways to avoid fines and points on your licence. been reviewed by lots of journalists who say its a sure way to beat most court appearances.

just wondered if anyone on here had bought it and what they thought.

aye, there's many a loop hole to get by the police.

such as the Radar speed camera, they MUSt be calibrated each day before use...and signed off as such...guess how many times that doesn't get done!

So if you get stopped ask politely for confirmation that it was calibrated that morning..they will either show you...and fair do's your caught..or they will send you nicely on your way!

Always ask for proof..the strongly worded letter you get through the post is just that to stop you progressing it...aye gatso's ask for the photo..your plate has to be readable..without any enhancements ie zoom...despeckling etc... alot arn't as they still use the older camera's. also...who's to say who's driving?!

about 50% of double yellow lines are a waste of paint. they must be continuous..wihtout breaks and have a bar at each end..most don't!! so as long as your not on a bend or blocking the road etc.. they can't do anything to stop you.

most speed signs are also not the correct spec, as the design changed about 10 years back...regaridng size of lettering etc..of course..they haven't all been changed as it's too costly.

the list is endless....

Vipes

its a book written by an ex copper about ways to BEND the law in your favour supposedly gives examples of what to do if stoppped by police . 

gives insights into ways to avoid fines and points on your licence. been reviewed by lots of journalists who say its a sure way to beat most  court appearances.

just wondered if anyone on here had bought it  and what they thought.

Is this the one that you mean?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorkslincs/...the_limit.shtml

Might be worth a look :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good investment  :thumbsup:

Or.....................you could save more by GOING GOLD!!.............(and driving carefully) :D :D

I didn't know either...

I have two Highway Codes actually - one of my own and one that work gave everybody & it sits in the top of my 3 drawers at work...;)

Why do you keep 3 drawers @ work? I just have the pair I'm wearing ! Is your job very scary? :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links