Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Headunit Dashkit

Dr_Doolittle

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, because I'm picking up my first Toyota tomorrow!!! (hopefully). It's a Corolla T3 2002. The only thing i want to do to it is replace the factory fitted stereo with my sony MD player. I have a link to some pictures of the car below (It's a picture of the actual car taken from the dealers website)

What I need to know is, Will the following dashkit work for me? (I know i'll have to get an adapter for the cables and aerial etc...)

http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_PR180656806.htm

Thanks in advance for your help

Here's where you'll find the pics:

http://www.carbase.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?f...ar&carID=285344

not sure about that kit - never seen it. but i am sure others on the forum will speak out. but unless you specifically want a reaily complicated one (like the one in your pic, from the USA) i am sure Halfords and any good decent radio shop will do one peice fascia adaptor. i live in leic and my radio shop does one for about £17.

hope this helps

That's the bit of kit i got for my car, well similar any way, got it from the USA :lol:

Yeah should fit, will need to get a wiring harness and ariel adaptor from your local car shop (eg. Halfords), should be £10 and £2.99 respectively.

The T3 dash is a bit different to take apart from mine, but should be fairly easy.

Think the fan control needs to be pulled away first then the centre console will came apart, but can't remember, unless it comes away as one unit like mine did.

Click on my signature, to show what i did, that will give you some idea of what to do.

If you do a search of my name, you should find a post of "how to.." take apart but read most of the posts as well, you might find a few probs like i did, such as air vent gap...

Happy fixing...

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that guys.

man-bing I've read some of your posts, and found a link to the kit you used, but the post was quite old so the link didn't work anymore. The link above is the only kit on that site for the corolla.

I might have a look in Halfords at the weekend, see what i can find.

Linky

Found this item at there website.

NOTE: from where the main H/U is fitted, there is a spare slot, to put in such as spare CD's cases etc...

The one you found, the spare slot is at the bottom.

man-bing,

I was just looking at the pic of your dashkit. I just noticed 1 thing. Your centre console is a bit different to mine. Yours has a clock and another display (for temp/mpg etc i presume) On my car, the temp and mpg etc are on the display for the radio. So if I replace this, will it be ok? I mean it wont affect the computer or anything if the existing radio(including mpg/ temp display) is removed??

Cheers.

Ok, my model car is a T-Spirit, yours is a T3, the difference is the T2 & T3 have the same type of centre console, that is, manual fan control/temperature control/air vent direction. On the T-Spirit & T-Sport they have climate control, meaning digital temperature display, and button function for the rest of the features.

It should come out as one whole unit like mine did.

The MPG feature was on the H/U like yours is, so you will lose this function if you remove the Toyota H/U, but if your like me, and never used it, you won't miss it :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links