Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De Cat, Manifold And Backbox

admanirv

i have

a megan header

a custom centre section stainless with de cat

a k an N typhoon

a hks hyper ti backbox

and i got 125.7 bhp on the same dyno

note also the bloke says they redline at differnt points? how? why?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• Moffmo

• admanirv

• clarky

Top Posters In This Topic

just bellow 7k, and ross i kid you not, knightrider + gnome witnessed it, i think lees is more powerfull than 125.7 because he struggled with the airsupply for the typhoon, needed a fan on the air intake really. oh ross, i'll get the printout up + im having it done in chesterfield next week to confirm.

Ive never driven Lees car (yet) but Ive driven Earpls quite recently and it didnt feel much faster than mine - maybe a shade higher speed by the time you needed to change up - but I put that down to the decat rather than my sports cat ...

... and this was us driving the same stretch of road then swapping cars ...

... might have to get mine on a dyno soon by the sounds of things.

photo01889ge.th.jpg

photo01923oo.th.jpg

but when i drove ross's it didn't feel faster than mine, until i was pulling awayfrom him on the m1 and seconds later he was coming past me :P

in fact here you go, found this :P

picture1338vy.th.jpg

earpl all i'm saying is i find it hard to believe you got it with those mods; kimis superchrged yaris is a probably not too much more powerful, and she's spent 1000's on her car. Like i also said, if you have managed to acheive the results with those mods then a big thumbs up to ya mate! :thumbsup:

earpl all i'm saying is i find it hard to believe you got it with those mods; kimis superchrged yaris is a probably not too much more powerful, and she's spent 1000's on her car. Like i also said, if you have managed to acheive the results with those mods then a big thumbs up to ya mate! :thumbsup:

i just got a cat back system on my yaris but they sed they couldn't de-cat it because of the lambda sensors. are these a problem??

to get an idea of how much its increased you need a before and a after on the same dyno.

To say you have had an increase of 35bhp is just silly its quite easy that the dyno is a bit generous, and you have no evidence of any increase.

Note to oneself, Check you know what you are on about before posting.

FFS

:rolleyes:lol how did i know you'd all react like this :P any no evidence?? like a dyno reading and 1.5 secs of the 0-60?? oh that and driving a standard TS at gordonlambs last week which made me smile even more :)

All im saying is, its doubtful its gone from 105 to 140.

More like 125 to 140

its possible the engines are built within a tolerence so some will be more powerful than others, and its been done on a calibrated dyno, what more proof do you want

All im saying is, its doubtful its gone from 105 to 140.

More like 125 to 140

well yes, cars actual output do vary depending on mileage etc...

and most rolling roads do differ - you could get 140 on one, drive down the street and get 130 on another...

infact, it is quite common for rolling roads to 'overread' to boost companies claims (i am not saying any company involved here would do such a thing, just that the practice exists)..

Im not sure what Chris has done to his car to get the claimed 35bhp jump - but Matt is correct, the only scientfic way to measure actual increase is to do before and after readings with the same equipment and conditions...

msg for earpl as you are always saying you dont condone dangerous driving why have you posted a picture taken by you of another car when you have been driving on the motorway???

and most rolling roads do differ - you could get 140 on one, drive down the street and get 130 on another...

infact, it is quite common for rolling roads to 'overread' to boost companies claims (i am not saying any company involved here would do such a thing, just that the practice exists)..

Im not sure what Chris has done to his car to get the claimed 35bhp jump - but Matt is correct, the only scientfic way to measure actual increase is to do before and after readings with the same equipment and conditions...

im not claiming anything ian, i got it dyno'd thats what it said, the guy with the dyno also said that mine redlined at about 7000 rpm. tsports redline at 6200. i reall cant see why folk are getting up about it :P its like 13bhp more than lee's and no one has questioned that??? oh chris, cheers for the 1st comment and is for the photo, i didn't take it, norm did :)

to be fair if thats wot the the dyno said thats wot the dyno said. there is nothin we can do to change that. no matter how much we all say it cant be true. the only way we can settle this is when chris has had his car on the dyno again to confirm it.

oh chris, cheers for the 1st comment and is for the photo, i didn't take it, norm did :)

no worries its not like your claiming stupid power, a civic vti which is only a 100cc more is 157bhp. As for the picture didnt think you would slip up that easy :thumbsup:

im not claiming anything ian, i got it dyno'd thats what it said, the guy with the dyno also said that mine redlined at about 7000 rpm. tsports redline at 6200. i reall cant see why folk are getting up about it :P its like 13bhp more than lee's and no one has questioned that??? oh chris, cheers for the 1st comment and is for the photo, i didn't take it, norm did :)

fair enough - I just couldnt understand why people are getting hot under the collar...

I'm assuming you have a piggy-back ECU then to have an increased redline?

Ian they come as 105bhp standard! I doubt he has got 35bhp from the mods he has done, thats all I'm saying! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links